584,812 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Happy to help with any Tornos questions.
Page 1 of 4 123

Exclamation Happy to help with any Tornos questions.

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum, but not new to CNC.

I work for Tornos in the UK and I'm happy to try and help with any Tornos related questions/problems. I look in to this forum most days, but if you need urgent help just send me a PM.

Martin

help

hello Martin

attached file you can find drawing, i don't know how to cut Rectargle threading, pitch; (1.0mm material;titanium)
    i worry the tool broken when finishing the threading, could you give me some idles, thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by hongjianming View Post
    hello Martin

attached file you can find drawing, i don't know how to cut Rectargle threading, pitch; (1.0mm material;titanium)
    i worry the tool broken when finishing the threading, could you give me some idles, thank you
    Hi

What machine are you making this part on? If it is the ENC are you using the sub routine O9097?

dear Martin
    Thanks you to reply very quickly
    our plan use deco13a,
    you mean this threading can be cut if use g933 code.

thank you

regards

hong

dear Martin
    Thanks you to reply very quickly
    our plan use deco13a,
    you mean this threading can be cut if use g933 code.
    Hello Hong

Yes you can cut this thread with the G933 macro. The most important point with an internal thread is to make sure you set the G933 parameter P15 (maximum mechanical limit in X) to a small value, 0.5mm for example.

As you have seen already you will break the tool on the return after the first pass of the threading if you don't do this.

To tell the machine that you are making an internal thread the G933 parameter P0 (lead) is set to a minus value, in this case -1.

As the thread has a square form you will also need to set the G933 parameter P5 (threading tool angle) to 0 to ensure the side of the thread is verticle

As an example the following code would work, assuming you have a tool in X1/Y1:

G1 Z1=2.5 X1=7.5 G100
    M150
    G933 P0=-1 P1=7.8 P2=2 P3=-22.7 P5=0 P6=0.5 P7=90 P8=90 P12=6 P13=1 P14=2 P15=0.5 P16=0.5
    G1 Z1=2.5 G100
    G1 X1=40 G100
    M151

You may need to adjust the P12 value (number of rough cuts) to suit.

Generate the program and then check the tool path for the threading cycle in the SimDeco program, from the menu select 'Graphic' then 'Position' then select the two axes to plot, X1 & Z1. Use the magnifier to zoom to the threading path and check the path looks correct. Use can use the left mouse button click and measure the thread depth with the cursor, the X1 value on the graph given by the cursor is in radius though!

Hope this helps you, good luck.

Martin

dear Martin

thank your support

i am worry that the part have vibration if cutting threading,because the threading is square. the material is titanium.

did you cut this kind of thread before? i think the spindle is very slow.

i want to use ID thread whirling, what do you think?

but i don't know how many teeth of tool make?

do you give me some suggestion?

thank you

best regards

hong

dear Martin

thank your support

i am worry that the part have vibration if cutting threading,because the threading is square. the material is titanium.

did you cut this kind of thread before? i think the spindle is very slow.

i want to use ID thread whirling, what do you think?

but i don't know how many teeth of tool make?

do you give me some suggestion?
    Hello Hong

I agree with you, it will be a difficult thread to make in Titanium. The type of tool you use will determine your success. Personally I have not made this type of thread in Titanium before.

Internal thread whirling is a possibility, but you will need to check if your machine has the option for the C1 or C4 axis, if the option is not present you will need to purchase the 'C axis option' from Tornos for the spindle you wish to thread whirl with. You will also need an axial driven tool to revolve the whirling cutter with at high speed.

The problem with internal whirling a butress thread like this is the amount of side clearance you need on the whirling tool to allow for the helix of the thread, the greater the lead of the thread the more clearance you require making the tool weaker. A single point tool would be the easiest and cheapest to make, but you could use a whirling cutter with three teeth.

If it was me I would try screw cutting the thread first to see what happens. The build up of cutting chips could be a problem.

It may be better to screwcut the thread in the counter spindle so you can wash the cutting chips out with the coolant flush through the counter spindle.

Hope this helps

Martin

ram board

helo deco doctor i bought 3 multideco and i am working on it ´s i ahve a problem in one of them 26/6 because when the machine arrive the bateries for the cnc on the mdi was disconected and all the parameters cnc 1 cnc 2 cnc3 and pmc parameters was inscripted and is imposible to erase them i prove also to make delete and reset when i start the cnc but don ´t erase nothing and also i have a procedure with the two soft key on the bottom right corner together you could acess to a menu and there also is imposible to copy erase and insert any parameter i talk with fanuc people and the alarm was ram parity alarm and said thath i need to replace the ram board and if this not good i need to change the main board i make a call to ge fanuc and they said to me thath they are going to replace the main board withouth cost because they make a new modification and they are going to send to me a tecnical people here withouth cost and i only need to buy the ram board this is the quote for the ram

Me dirijo a ustedes con el fin de presentarles nuestra cotización por una placa electrónica FANUC / A20B-3900-0210 (reemplazo de. A20B-3900-0020)

PRECIO: …………… U$S 2.532,00 + IVA

i think is to much expensive and i don ´t like to paid thath this is the history at this moment i am going to paid the ram board and need to fix the machine perhaps i need to make new reference for the axis and prove the goltenbodt tool holder o.k. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diegobertoli View Post
    helo deco doctor i bought 3 multideco and i am working on it ´s i ahve a problem in one of them 26/6 because when the machine arrive the bateries for the cnc on the mdi was disconected and all the parameters cnc 1 cnc 2 cnc3 and pmc parameters was inscripted and is imposible to erase them i prove also to make delete and reset when i start the cnc but don ´t erase nothing and also i have a procedure with the two soft key on the bottom right corner together you could acess to a menu and there also is imposible to copy erase and insert any parameter i talk with fanuc people and the alarm was ram parity alarm and said thath i need to replace the ram board and if this not good i need to change the main board i make a call to ge fanuc and they said to me thath they are going to replace the main board withouth cost because they make a new modification and they are going to send to me a tecnical people here withouth cost and i only need to buy the ram board this is the quote for the ram

Me dirijo a ustedes con el fin de presentarles nuestra cotización por una placa electrónica FANUC / A20B-3900-0210 (reemplazo de. A20B-3900-0020)

PRECIO: …………… U 2.532,00 + IVA

i think is to much expensive and i don ´t like to paid thath this is the history at this moment i am going to paid the ram board and need to fix the machine perhaps i need to make new reference for the axis and prove the goltenbodt tool holder o.k. thanks
    Hello

Sorry to hear about your problems with your MultiDeco. I am not exactly sure which battery that is disconnected, I think you mean the small CNC backup battery in the CNC control?

If that is the case you will lose the parameter settings. These can be re-loaded from the files that you will have on floppy disk. The floppy disk in is a red packet inside the electrical cabinet of the machine and will have all the PMC parameters backed up on it. You will need to reload these with an SRAM memory card or RS232 cable.

As you say you will lose the reference on probably all axis and these will need to be reset on parameter 1815 APZ, unless you already know how to reset the reference points on all axes you will almost certainly need a technician from Tornos on your site to reload the parameters and reset the axis references after the Fanuc Technician replaces the SRAM board.

I cannot comment on the price you have been quoted from Fanuc for the SRAM board, only to say it is most likely correct. These type of Fanuc parts are always very expensive!

Good luck

Martin

Question Tornos Bechler ENC 162

Hi deco doc.

We have bought the Tornos Bechler ENC 162. Well i need help regarding the tornos bechler cycles used in this machine. We also have robobar FMB 15 which does not works in auto mode. If you could give us the programming manual or information for this machine we will be very please to you.

We need to know how this tornos bechler cycle works e.g. G160 H9810..G163...G164....G161.... G16o H9xxx TB cycles.... Variables used A..B..C..F..etc. what are this.

And also we are not able to use program test. showing error
    "Forbidden prg tst : end of bar "
    Please help us in this matter

Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by chetan View Post
    Hi deco doc.

We have bought the Tornos Bechler ENC 162. Well i need help regarding the tornos bechler cycles used in this machine. We also have robobar FMB 15 which does not works in auto mode. If you could give us the programming manual or information for this machine we will be very please to you.
    Hello Chetan

I have sent you a private mail.

Regards

Martin

Hello Deco doc

I have sent you my email ID to your PM
    Please check it.

Thanks and Regards

Hi deco doc,

I have PMd you my another email ID
    Please check it.

Thanks

Question

Hi deco doc

Is there any limit for threading length in ENC 162?. And can we use two tools at a time, one for rough cut and another for finish?. Actually, bar stock is 14.2mm and i want to use two tools at a time, instead of giving whole load on single tool.

My another problem is, when I set geometry offset in W place for T6, i have to also adjust for other tools and this is messing up the dimensions of part. And i m not able to adjust the distance of part in the mid of tolerance and total lenght also is not coming to that value what i have mentioned in program. Overall We are not getting the distance on part what we have programmed. If you have solution for it please reply me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chetan View Post
    Hi deco doc

Is there any limit for threading length in ENC 162?. And can we use two tools at a time, one for rough cut and another for finish?. Actually, bar stock is 14.2mm and i want to use two tools at a time, instead of giving whole load on single tool.
    Thanks
    Hi Chetan

You did not say what length of thread you want to make, I assume you mean to screwcut? Normally for screwcutting you dont want to exceed the internal land length of the guide bush, otherwise when the threading tool cuts the bar diameter with a full form insert there will no longer be any support at the bar diameter from the guide bush. You can set the tool further away from the guide bush to increase the length a little, I use a left handed tool for this.

You can use two tools to cut at once, but only for turning, not threading.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Deco-Doctor View Post
    Hi Chetan

You did not say what length of thread you want to make, I assume you mean to screwcut? Normally for screwcutting you dont want to exceed the internal land length of the guide bush, otherwise when the threading tool cuts the bar diameter with a full form insert there will no longer be any support at the bar diameter from the guide bush. You can set the tool further away from the guide bush to increase the length a little, I use a left handed tool for this.

You can use two tools to cut at once, but only for turning, not threading.

Martin
    Hi
    Exactly i mean screwcut only. Part is having 25mm threading length.M8x 1mm(Right hand). Bar stock is 13mm. How it can be done? Do i need to first turn the bar upto 8mm and then screwcutting.? If yes how guide bush will support the bar then. Can we use threading canned cycle.?

c axis program examples

Hi, Martin this may be too much to ask but i have been setting/programing a deco lathe and would like to know if you have any c axis programing examples, as i would like to know about programing this axis, never had to use it so far but would like to know how to for the future.

Cheers.:cheers:
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by slidingheadfred View Post
    Hi, Martin this may be too much to ask but i have been setting/programing a deco lathe and would like to know if you have any c axis programing examples, as i would like to know about programing this axis, never had to use it so far but would like to know how to for the future.
    Fred
    Hi Fred

Send me a PM and we can talk.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by slidingheadfred View Post

Cheers.:cheers:
    Fred
    hi
    you can read in tb-deco software's help menu, the code is m198.

regards

Hey Martin,
    I have an ENC264 and was wondering if there is any way to use my geometry/wear offsets without setting them with a g10? everytime I need to change my part size I have to manually edit my g10. Can I use my g10 for geometry and still use my wear offsets to control part size? Or am I just stuck using g10? Any help would be appreciated. BTW I Don't have a presetter.
    thanks
    Dan

Page 1 of 4 123