585,560 active members*
3,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syil X4+ ?????

I was considering buying an X4+ but after looking through this forum I am a bit put off. It seems that the quality is not consistent. I would very much appreciate any advice from actual owners/users.

Thanks,Dewey

not consistent, yep but i am still waiting to see one consistent machine in that price range.
    basicaly it goes like this
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-your machine runs wonder out of the box
    or
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-you adjust the machine
    5-your machine runs wonder ounce adjusted
    or
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-you adjust the machine
    5-you troubleshoot the electronic
    6-your machine runs wonder ounce you have troubleshooted it
    or
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-you adjust the machine
    6-you start replacing the part that where defect after figuring that true troubleshooting and that it was not the loose screw or connector that was the problem
    7-your machine runs wonder at last
    or
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-you adjust the machine
    6-you start replacing the part that where defect after figuring that, true troubleshooting, it was not the loose screw or connector that was the problem
    7-your god dang pill of shnit still does not want to work, you feel like you want to sue the company for 1billion dollard and that all hell will break loose.

in conclusion as it is the case with all machine in this price range, from any company so far consistency is a major let down, so if you want to know which company sells the most consistent machine my opinion would be none, basically most of the benchtop mill on the market currently are all based on the same frame in order to cut cost of mold making the difference will come most of the time in the electronic and drive system which all have there plus and minus.
    currently the most known frame that are used to make cnc benchtop machine that are sold around the world from what i saw are;
    seig x2 type machine
    seig/syil/how-mau x4/kx3, type machine
    optimum/weiss bf20/wms20v, type machine
    smithy/novakon/syil/how-mau 1240/x6/what ever the name the other company have, type machine

edit: i own a syilx4+ and i am at this stage:
    1-you buy the machine
    2-you get the machine
    3-you set the machine
    4-you adjust the machine
    6-you start replacing the part that where defect after figuring that true troubleshooting and that it was not the loose screw or connector that was the problem
    7-your machine runs wonder at last
    still have some problem with the 4th axis which in my opinion aint worth the name 4th axis as explained in previous post i made but the machine as been working well now and when run inside its capacity range can offer precision in order of +/- 0.001 or slightly better depending on the material and tool
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

mostly customers report problem through cnczone.also SyiL compare others,the sales quantity big.so will see some quality issue on here.
    at least we still have dealer to service customers,we,Syil China also can service to customers directly.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    mostly customers report problem through cnczone.also SyiL compare others,the sales quantity big.so will see some quality issue on here.
    at least we still have dealer to service customers,we,Syil China also can service to customers directly.
    also true you will and this is not just with benchtop machine but with any product ear those that are unhappy with a product then those happy with it
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Don't be put off by the negative posts. Overall, the X4+ is a good machine and I think most distributors provide pretty good back service to sort out any problems.