1) I am in need of some kind of mini scissor table. Not sure how it is being called in professional world so pls help out. I've seen one before in the lab so I know it exists. I want to mount my XY table on top of such scissor table so that I could have XYZ control of my application. Pls advise how it is called or where it can be purchased. Talking sizes around 4-6 inches each side. if there's a better way to adjust height given my setup then pls advise.

2) Also I need to mount two stepping motors to my XY table however the motor shafts seem round. How do I merge them shafts and the table rods? I used to have a motor which shaft was half flat for bolt but not this time. Any ideas?

3) What is the best way of mounting them motors to the table? I've seen pictures of the setup but how do I get round to get the parts? Machine them? Ideally I want to DIY everything to save costs so pls share where I can buy aluminium plates and bolts for motors in the UK.

4) Lastly I've seen some XY tables have aluminium profile mounted on top. It is also drilled for mounting of other stuff on top too. What kind of alu profile is that? And how can it be mounted? The XY table is pretty much standard.

Many thanks
gnr