585,698 active members*
3,542 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Biesse pendular machining problem

Biesse pendular machining problem

I tried today pendular machining on Biesse Rover 23 and it works if I am at right side and machine at left but doesnt work vice versa. If I step on left safety pads during machining on the right side, machine stops. I can lift limiters on left side and when machining is over on right side, machine goes in upper right corner. Only then i can step on left pad. Is it feature or bug?

There are several things that influence this. During operation you need to be aware of where the head is during the machining cycle. There is a software "zone" centered on the machine bed and a specified amount ( plus or minus) to each side of center, that when the head approaches that "zone" if you are on the opposite mat, the machine will stop. To restart the program from where the machine stops, simply press the start button.
    The reason this can have this effect when you are on the left side - if you notice when you are on the right side, the mast of the "Y" axis beam and head has more room to operate because of the design of the machine ( there is a sheet metal area on the right side of the machine that is either empty or houses a fixed tool changer).
    This becomes much more critical as panel sizes increase or you try to run pendular in Origins #1 & # 3 ( which would produce like panels not mirrored ) There is less physical space in that instance to keep the head away from the operator for safety.
    Typically you can program your way around this by dictating the machining sequence to afford the most amount of time.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Mark T.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

Thanks for reply!I contacted Biesse technician who installed machine and he asked in Biesse HQ and they said that theres switch on the mast, on the back side of machine which turns off/on pads when the mast is on the far left or far right.But that dont seem logical, i dont gain nothing if i have to wait machining ending and moving mast to far left/right to turn off pad. I tried working on 1 & 4 and that works. And mentioned switches dont work right now, they are not pressed when mast is on the far left/right

I worked today pendular machining and seems that, like everything in life, there is right time to step on safety mat . Drilling is optimized in way that first are drilled holes further from center of bed and in that way, further from operator on the other end so he has a more time to change piece. Stupid thing is , if machine stops, it is restarted with START button on console to which you have to walk. They should put that button on two pads with buttons for origins.Hmm, maybe that works also...
    Now if i just could explain all this to the boss (with simple wording)