585,597 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Complete backup of all

On Haas mini mill 2004 with the floppy drive, before my battery goes out.
    I don't run it once every 2 months I bought it new so would like to get this done.
    Thanks

For programs you go to LIST PROGRAM screen.

Cursor down to ALL.
    Type in a name such as MINIALL.txt and press F2.

For settings go to the SETTING screen then to LIST PROGRAM screen; you should see F2 somewhere near the bottom of the screen.

Type in a name such as MINISTG.txt and press F2.

For parameters go to the PARAMETER screen then to LIST PROGRAM, type the name and F2.

You should find the instructions somewhere in the manual but they are bit hidden.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    For programs you go to LIST PROGRAM screen.

Cursor down to ALL.
    Type in a name such as MINIALL.txt and press F2.

For settings go to the SETTING screen then to LIST PROGRAM screen; you should see F2 somewhere near the bottom of the screen.

Type in a name such as MINISTG.txt and press F2.

For parameters go to the PARAMETER screen then to LIST PROGRAM, type the name and F2.

You should find the instructions somewhere in the manual but they are bit hidden.
    Very hard to find in the manual, but your help worked.

You're doing it the hard way.

Go to your settings page, and turn setting 23 off.

Go to list programs mode, then press the "Posit" button. At the bottom you will see instructions on what to do with F2 and F3, just type in a file name with no extension, and press F2 or F3 (write or read), the machine will do the extensions on it's own for everything (parameters, settings, offsets, variables, programs and alarm history)...for a file name, I usually just use the machines serial number...but you can use whatever you want. This way you don't need to do them all individually. When you finish, turn setting 23 back on.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    You're doing it the hard way.

Go to your settings page, and turn setting 23 off.

Go to list programs mode, then press the "Posit" button. At the bottom you will see instructions on what to do with F2 and F3, just type in a file name with no extension, and press F2 or F3 (write or read), the machine will do the extensions on it's own for everything (parameters, settings, offsets, variables, programs and alarm history)...for a file name, I usually just use the machines serial number...but you can use whatever you want. This way you don't need to do them all individually. When you finish, turn setting 23 back on.
    Does not work on my ver 13.03. the setting 23 was already off, went to list programs mode then posit & no f2 F3 there.

MikeOD's method doesn't work on my 02 SL-10 but it works on my 05 TL-1. Must be a newer function. Thanks for posting that I'm definatly going to use it on the TL

I found this key sequence I wrote down while peering over the shoulder of a Haas tech. It saves everything (I think).

E-STOP

SETTING 7 OFF (This is Parameter lock)

LIST PROG

END

ALARMS

"DEBUG" (Type this in)

WRITE

POSIT

PAGE UP until you see POS-RAW DAT at the top left of the screen

Type in the Serial Number

F2

I tried this on a fairly new TL1 which has a floppy drive and it saves everything; Alarm History, Offsets, Parameters, Programs, Settings and Variable all as separate files.

Also on the POS-RAW DAT page you can see the true machine hours.

I have not tried this on machines with USB but no floppy nor on older machines with the old CRT monitor.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.