So, I'm in the process of completely rebuilding an old CNC system. I'm down to just the lube and coolant systems. Of course I'm using the components that were in the previous setup where I could. Most of them needed some repair or to be replaced completely.

Anyway - here's a picture of what I'm working with. It looks extra frightening as this is the backside and unreachable for years of service apparently.

So - here's my main question. At the bottom of the contraption are two little boxes - one is a limit switch and the other I assume is some type of actuator that would push the button on the limit switch. Ultimately I'm just curious if anyone thinks I absolutely can't live without this limit switch setup.

If I run air directly to the oiler, it runs a piston that pumps the oil one time, then when air is disconnected it resets. I'm going to drive it with a monetary timer. Regardless of how long I held the air on it, I was never able to get the little actuator to do anything. I was guessing it was some type of saftey in the event that too much pressure gets built up - either that or it's broken and not doing what was intended.

As I'm trying to clean up this whole setup my preference would be to just eliminate the extra parts that seem to just catch metal shavings. Thoughts?