585,967 active members*
3,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > part location

part location

Hello Everybody,

1). I opened a part in nx-4 and want to know that in which assembly this part has been used?
    2). Also I want to know the path of the part, in which folder I had saved it?

Where used, and path

NX does not have a where used functionality in it for part. You would need at a minimum UG Manager for this, but the best way to go would be TCEngineering. This will also take care of the path information.
    If you are outside the managed environment, and running NX, from the pull down menu, File -> Properties, pick Displayed Part tab, this will show you the path to the component. Also if you are opening the componenet from the history resource tab, when you hover over the file the path is displayed.

Where Used Report

Quote Originally Posted by sk96_me45 View Post
    Hello Everybody,

1). I opened a part in nx-4 and want to know that in which assembly this part has been used?
    2). Also I want to know the path of the part, in which folder I had saved it?
    In NX4 there is a Where Used report you can use. Select Assemblies - Reports - Where Used Report. Enter the name of the component - it defaults to the work part. You can use the Search Directories (set on the load options dialog), Search the part Directory or enter a directory path.
    Now sit back and wait - it may take a while. When it is done the information displays with the other assemblies where the component is used and the directory path. I would suggest reading the help docs on this topic.
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT