585,925 active members*
3,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Citizen M332Y networking

Has anyone networked a Citizen M332Y with a Mitsubishi 635 control running Windows 2000 successfully. need good instructions if you have them.(chair)(chair)

What exactly do you meen by "networked"...we have a pile a of Citizen running that control, 4 of them are M332's...I have them all hooked up to a DNC system, for transfering the Programs...not sure if that's what your talking about or are you trying to networking the PC end of the control...If so, I curious as to why...If your talking about DNC..I could probably give you any info you need.

Thanks for the reply

JMS4287
    The customer i am dealing with wants to upload and download straight from his server in the office. I dont deal with such things. Any info you can give me is appreciated. The customer was trying to install a network card and set ip addresses and such. The hard drive crashed and i just today got it back. Finally got the machine back up and running. What is the best way to do this or is there a better way. Waiting on your reply and again thanks.

Adding a Network Card to the P.C is probably not the best the thing to do...The P.C. end of the machine has basically everything it needs to for the machine...but not much more...it is possible to do it that way, but I would contact mitisubishi and/or citizen directly to determine what else needs to be done if they want to go that route...that being said....the machine's already have everything your need for transfering the programs or any other data you may want...I would probably start by picking out some good DNC software...I run a program called Suitefactory ( http://www.suitefactory.com )...works great, very flexible software...I've got 30 or so machines on the network, and I'm about to add another 30 in a couple of months..there's a pile of dnc software company's out there, and they all basically do the same thing (as far as prg transfering is concerned, as far prg management and software flexability, well you get what you pay for )...I would check out the DNC Forum here for some other recommendations and details...but I'll give you the Jist of everything else anyway(for a wired network)...after that your only other large expense would be a RS-232 Hub..I Run Comtrol Device Master 8-port Serial Hubs..( http://www.comtrol.com/products/family/dmsh ),depending on what type of hub your using, each machine will be configured as a com-port on pc running the software (Server). Then wiring...on the side of the control on the machine there's an DB-25 / RS-232 Port...the machine is already setup to I/O from this port(baud rate/ stop bits/ etc/ etc, will need to be configured)...run you wiring between the machine and the hub (use good Shielded Cable, and watch you lengths, the shorter the better, if necesary, I can go into more detail on this and pin configuratoin)..anyway that's the basics...Keep in mind the other Option is a wireless setup...if the shop where the machine's are, allready has a wireless access point, I would definately look into that, before spending any money on hubs and wiring...(price wise it ends up being pretty comparable)....once the network is all up and running, prg's will be able to U/L and D/L remotely from the machine's...with the correct software you should be able to monitor production, down time, cycle times, etc...and it makes life a lot easier...I hope this helps...

thanks guys. Citizen did finally come up with a way to do the Meldus 635 control and the customer is trying it now by using VNC software. even got instructions with it.