584,829 active members*
5,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any Nomura Info

Any one out there Have any Nomura's...If so I'm looking for feed back...We've got a couple in my company, in another department, dedicated to a simple part, and have only had them a short time. Looking in to possibily of getting a NN-20YB, for a somewhat more complicated part...I'm looking for any feed back, on the company and machine's...thanks...

I've run a few myself, including NN12, NN20, and NN25-Y, all with Mitsubishi controls.

I don't know how they are now or which controls they use, but frankly I'd look elsewhere. They've screwed their original importer, then their subsequent company KGK. You need support for machine tools and with their track record I wouldn't trust them as far as I could toss my mother-in-law.

Look at Star, Citizen, Tsugami first. They have a wider range of machines with better track records for performance and support. I will also say Maier (German) is good and well-supported, and have been hearing better things about Hanwha of late.

Thanks For The Reply Pixman...
    That's the feeling I've been getting....We also have a bunch of Citizen's Star's And Tsugami's here...about 60 screw machine in my building, and a atleast a couple hundred in the company, of all varities...I'm a Citizen Guy myself, mainly for that one reason, "Support"...I'm, pushing for an A20 or an L20, for this project, but my boss seems to be leaning torwards this nomura, I've been getting a bad vibe. We're Dealing with Gosiger import...I believe that's there importer now...I'm in Connecticut, their in Ohio...I don't think that have anybody local to me for service..Just so I know what I'm dealing with, If i get forced into this machine...How are the Machine's in general...Any Major problem's....On a good note atleast they have Mit's control's, I've always gotten good support from them....thanks <Jms4287>

My boss is pushing for nomura also. He thinks he can get a good deal because it would be a showroom machine for Gosiger and nomura in this area(Northeastern Ohio). I don't know anything about them myself. I'm a Citizen guy also. I have heard some good things about Maier. But never seen one run. Anyone out there running Maier swiss with opinions they are willing to share?

I used to be an applications engineer on "certain German machines". They had some problems with spindles and guide bushing bearings, but I believe those have been fixed. The problem now is support. All I can say is that I know several owners, and none have anything good to say. One is preparing for legal action. I have even less good things to say, but can say no more.

As for Nomura, I used to run 3 of them (and 3 Citizens.) I had responsibility for an NN-12, NN-20 and NN-25RY. The older Mitsubishi 300-series controls started having some issues, but we had Dave Foltz (sp?) come fix them. His dad's company was the original importer, out of NJ. KGK International pulled it from them and went direct, big mistake. I don't know if Gosiger is the importer now or not, but Dave will still service them in the northeast. He's the "Hanwha guy" at Able Machine Sales in Agawam MA, but hasn't forgotten anything about Nomura. Simple machines, good and solid. Check the bottom of the page I have linked below.

http://www.ablemachinetoolsales.com/tech_center.htm

BTW, I know of a company in Mentor who has two of the German machines. One of the guys has posted here.

My xp. is with 2 NN-25YB's all I can say is runaway far away.They are built poorly. We have check tram on the back tooling before and while it was being done a guy leaned on the machine and the indicator moved over .005 of a inch.The frames on these machine are not stable at all. The guide bushings are only held with 2 small sets screws ,with a cap on the end of them. they do not repeat at all . I only suggest if u are truly considering something like Nomura make sure it is very simple job's and simple material that you'll be running cause that's all they are good for

Dear JMS4287 & PixMan,

Need parameters!

Nomura nn-160D with Meldas 310LN control

parameter backup files or images of hard copy both will do.

utterly appreciate if any one help!!

Cheers!!

A year has gone and the machines (Nomura 160D) are still of no use because of missing parameters.

Please help with issue.

Regards
    [email protected]