585,560 active members*
3,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Variaxis 630 5X

Hello,
    I am new to this forum as of today. I have just commissioned a Variaxis 630 twin pallet that I got for a steal second hand. The machine is a 2004 with 640 control. I just need a few prompts to help me get my head around the wpc shift and index thing. I am very conversant with Mazatrol having 15 other machines including 3 integrex.
    If someone could give me a program example of a 100mm cube block being drilled in the middle of the 5 faces usind a 10mm drill on the top face as the A axis is at 0 and a 15mm drill in face two with the A axis at -90 and the C axis at 0 and a 20mm hole in the third face with the A axis at -90 and the c axis at 90
    Make the datum for the first 10mm hole at X=0, Y=0 and Z=0

help with wpc shift

I just got a variaxis 730 and i had some problems figuring out how to use wpc shift. The machine wanted to always move 45 to 60 inches in positive z and y. It ended up being a bad parameter (s12) it was missing a negitive sign. i have only used wpc shift on 2 jobs it is very easy. here is a link to a copy of the mazak programing manual:

http://img9.xooimage.com/files/2/4/5...rol-888d14.swf

Go to page 4-237. This explains it very well and the sample program is helpful. I will make up that program for u on monday when i get back to work and i will post it here.

WPC Shift

Thanks Mate,
    I have been waiting for the Mazak techs to finish the install. Now that I have had a chance to play with the machine and not just the control I see that the WPC shift and index do not show as I would have assumed in the graphics. On Integrex machines the graphics show a solid of the programed part but the Variaxis shows the program in one plane only with a datum shift but not the index.
    i'm still not sure if I need a parameter change to change the graphics. Our oldest Integrex 200 SY is a 2000 model Mk1 with a 640 control and it still shows a solid of the job as programed. I would expect a 2004 Variaxis to do the same.
    I now have parts running on the machine. Most of our work is 5 sided machining not 5 axis. We dont do moulds.

here is the program (#100)

I am posting the mazatrol program #100 (i had to zip it so i could upload it) and also a screen shot pic of it (there is 2 files).

Our variaxis is a matrix control so i dont know if you will be able to open the file on your Fusion. As for the shape check everything is all on one plane and looks funny especially if your wpc is still all zeros. I go to tool path then virtual machine, then it shows me the part in 3D. I don't know if your control has that feature. To make the part look right in the 2D shape check just set your wpc to the center of your table. Hope this helps.

The pics are poor quality on this post so i included them in the zip file also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PROG 100 (1of2).jpg   PROG 100 (2of2).jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files