585,567 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Import DXF

Import DXF

I have an older version of Bobcad (v.15). I'm tying to export a dxf from CorelDraw, but when I open the file in Bobcad, nothing appears, What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat Wheatley View Post
    I have an older version of Bobcad (v.15). I'm tying to export a dxf from CorelDraw, but when I open the file in Bobcad, nothing appears, What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    I dont have V15 to follow along but something that comes to mind is What version of DXF was out when V15 was around and what version export is Corel using??? Is there an option in the Corel export to set a version of DXF on export??

Burr

Make sure the color of your DXF file is not the same as the back round color on your BobCAD.

Also sometimes the dxf's can come in with the geometry blanked out. So try un blanking and see if that helps.

Or sometimes you just need to hit view all, because the part came in off Zero and you can't see it in the default view of BobCAD.

If it's none of those than you have to check what type of geometry you are trying to bring in from corel.

Breaking or exploding helps to break the geometry down the line and arcs that older systems read more easily .

You also might want to just save the part geometry you want, no dimensions and boards and other stuff that might not be supported.

I think in Corel you have to select the objects your expoting also. Try select all in corel before you export.

try exporting from corel as a DWG....you may have older translation protocals than corel with V15