585,662 active members*
3,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > circle not round on screen

Cool circle not round on screen

I have tried with a wide screen and normal screen, but my circles are not round. Is there a setting to fix this?
    This is not only with circles, the x and y lines are not the same length when measured on screen ...

Claude,

It is probably in the settings for your display. If you are using Windows, go to Control Panel, Display, Settings and try changing the setup ie. 1024 x 768 or some other until the circles come out round on the screen. That has worked for me in the past. One other thing, be sure that your screen is adjusted correctly and not stretched horizontally or vertically too much.

OM

Most displays have an aspect ratio setting. Hen they used to have manuals. it was easy to set and one of the setup disks had a program that you used to be able to set roundnrss with on your pixels setting.

HINT as you change the display from 1027x768 to whatever else, your aspect ratio settings often differ.

Depending on your display driver, you may be able to do it as mentioned in above post.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Cams View Post
    Most displays have an aspect ratio setting. Hen they used to have manuals. it was easy to set and one of the setup disks had a program that you used to be able to set roundnrss with on your pixels setting.

HINT as you change the display from 1027x768 to whatever else, your aspect ratio settings often differ.

Depending on your display driver, you may be able to do it as mentioned in above post.
    If you have a "Wide Screen Monitor", then those will have whats called a "Native Resolution". It has to be set at this (Or an equivelent) resolution to view correctly. Some graphice cards dont support the resolution needed. If it is a widescreen, you have to find out what the native resolution is, perhaps goole it, then see if your graphics card can hit this. If that one is not listed, it wont hit any others that will look normal. A new graphics card would be needed that can hit the specific resolution.

If its a normal screen, then a base setting of 800x600 or 1024x768, like others have posted, would show a round as a round.

This is common error when someone purchases a new Widescreen from store. The card cant hit the "1280x1090" resolution.

Post back if needed.

Sometimes a video card driver update will allow the screen's native resolution to be chosen.

Steve

Wink silly me

Quote Originally Posted by Old Megawatts View Post
    Claude,

It is probably in the settings for your display. If you are using Windows, go to Control Panel, Display, Settings and try changing the setup ie. 1024 x 768 or some other until the circles come out round on the screen. That has worked for me in the past. One other thing, be sure that your screen is adjusted correctly and not stretched horizontally or vertically too much.

OM
    Thanks that was the problem with my older screen (normal) Still have to check the wide one Thanks to all.