585,575 active members*
3,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Acramatic 2100

Have a new machine to me with vickers 2100. New HD in 7/07 new software 9/07.
    Machine idle since then. Transported machine 1200mi. Reinstalled all parts to control and booted. alarm in cycle failure APC rack 0. Can power machine and align axis but cannot clear cycle.Switch software alarm goes away but cannot power machine or turn off. cleaned contacts replaced Power supply.
    No luck. Want to try to log on as different user listed in C:/Mustang/User Thor/. Might be service tech? Instead of c:/Mustang/User just cant figger out how???

Thanks, David

Acramatic

Why did you use new software? Do you mean you got the operating system put on the new hard drive? If you are still getting no where, I would call Mighty and ask for Zhou Ming. He is the electrical/controls engineer at Mighty who knows the Acramatic control quite well. The number at Mighty in Gardena, California is 310-516-7478. By the way, I own a Mustang C-42 with Vickers 2100 in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Regards,
    Dave Reagan

http://www.mightyusa.com/

The machine came with it. Evidently prior owner had new hard drive from siemens installed with preloaded software. there are 2 user directories on the machine under mustang. One is named "user" one is named "userThor" both under mustang directory both having identical named files within directory just different sizes and dates User Thor being the lates but not the default, can i rename it and try it? I can reload software form service display and it gives me the option of reloading june of 2007 software. This change gets rid of APC fault but displays"machine power permission needed" and cannot turn off program from console. Other software from sept 2007 after uninstall/switch allows me to home machine, align axis but displays "APC failure in one or more outputs in Rack0" Severity 70 still in cycle.
    Have cleaned all contacts, reseated both processors, replaced power supply with known good one. My Machine builder is no longer in business will that mighty USA help me anyway or should I call siemns and Dave Lisle?
    Thanks , David

Dave Lisle is a sharp guy. He's helped me several times. I would consult him but also Zhou Ming at Mighty. There is no one literally on the planet who would be better suited to help you than Zhou. His name is on the electrical prints of these machines and he configured the Mighty machines with the Acramatic 2100 control. This stuff is like wandering around in the dark and these guys have flash lights. Good luck. I have ten years experience keeping my Mustang running and avoiding $400 service calls. I know how to re-index the tool umbrella. Also, if you crash the spindle hard enough to slip the belt and it won't orient the keys to the umbrella, I can tell you where in the menu to change the degree offset. It's really cool that the whole thing is Windows based. You can adjust your own backlash and cut very round (.0003" or less) circles even when the machine has some slop. I set my spindle redline at 8000 rpm instead of 6000 and it's been running fine with no chiller. I've never felt any heat build up, although the longest I run at a time is an hour at that speed cutting aluminum. Feel free to call me with any questions.

Regards,
    Dave Reagan
    248-495-0713

Rack 0 APC usually means your loosing 24 VDC control voltage which is why you can align and some other stuff. Check your dc pwr supply. Then go into I think the controls screen-> monitor-> boards-> Rack 0 board 0 -> Display look at the state of all the I/Os this should narrow down the fault genesis. now you should be able to I/O on the board. Same problem I had turned out to be a bad HD I/O board.