585,604 active members*
3,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Morbidelli Author 504K RS232 settings
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Morbidelli Author 504K RS232 settings

Hi people.

I have 2 machines:
    1; Morbidelli Author 504k
    Control Tria 7500
    2; Morbidelli Author 504
    Control Tria 7500

Normally we load the programs via floppies, we want to use the serial port of the controller, but we don't have the manual, I have googling but I have not found the info.

Some could help me with this info? I will build the cable what is the configuration? Someone have the manual for this machines?
    Last thing, how to setup the connection?(Parity, Stop Bit, etc, etc.)

Thanks all for your time, hope someone could show me some light, I will apprecited, thanks again for your time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klabacita View Post
    Hi people.

I have 2 machines:
    1; Morbidelli Author 504k
    Control Tria 7500
    2; Morbidelli Author 504
    Control Tria 7500

Normally we load the programs via floppies, we want to use the serial port of the controller, but we don't have the manual, I have googling but I have not found the info.

Some could help me with this info? I will build the cable what is the configuration? Someone have the manual for this machines?
    Last thing, how to setup the connection?(Parity, Stop Bit, etc, etc.)

Thanks all for your time, hope someone could show me some light, I will apprecited, thanks again for your time!!!
    Do you still need information?
    I have Morbideli A502 & U550 I have also been using only floppies but I plan to use serial cable and Kermit. I have information available but not the experience at this stage. I am happy to supply the documentation I have.

I have a morbidelli 504 with a Tria 7500 controller battery has gone need info on getting it going again?
    Thanks

morbidelli Author 504

I have a morbidelli A504 with a Tria 7500 controller and side tool changer. Battery has gone dead, need info on getting it going again or where I can get help?
    Thanks.

Tria Connections

Quote Originally Posted by beeonline View Post
    Do you still need information?
    I have Morbideli A502 & U550 I have also been using only floppies but I plan to use serial cable and Kermit. I have information available but not the experience at this stage. I am happy to supply the documentation I have.
    Try this connection. See Attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tria Connections.jpg  

Question

Hello Morbidelli 504 Guys,
    I've owned a '94 504 for a while now and just had to replace the Inverter with a new one made by Fuji.The problem I'm having is that we wired in the Inverter tonight and the Programm stops with the Spindle running with the Z Axis in upper position.I assume there is a signal not being sent to the controls, that the correct RPM has been reached.We let the spindle run at roughly 5000 RPM.Could this have an Impact on the Progamm being interrupted? I unfortunatelly haven't seen the spindle run untill today on this machine, so I have no referance.Would I possably have to reduce the RPM that the Spindle was set at to make this work? I would really apreciate any respond to the Problem I am experiencing. Thank you!

hi all,
    I got sorted with my morbidelli A504 got floppy disc from scm in england who were a great help. Thanks for all the help from ye.

Hello, I have been setting a RS232 connecttion to old Morbidelli AUTHOR 1500 using the Windows built-in HyperTerminal and the cable connection mentioned by CNCRouterMan(three wires)

Bits per second 9600
    Data bits:8
    Parity: None
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow Control: None

I would suggest lower transfer rate if cable is unshielded or/and longer than 5meters.
    I have managed to transmit files from the machine to PC with no problem using this setup BUT there is some weired "bug" when trying to transmit from PC to the machine: I have to set the machine to get the file named XXXX.PGM and wait about a minute before send the file from HyperTerminal, otherwise I get message saying "illegal message format" or transfer cancelled by the other side.
    If you know how to resolve this issue please let me know, THANK YOU

Hi,
    I have Morbidelli with Tria 6000 control, how can I transfer program file from my PC to CNC?

Hello all guys, I'm beginner using the morbidelli tria 7500. this is second hand machine just finished install all the electricity. I cannot going forward operate this machine because on the monitor said: "plc block, error 000"
    would you please give me information what should I do? many thanks for the respond.

reply to rofiksumartopo

rofiksumartopo It sounds like you lost your plc perameters because of battery back up dead. Replace the battery and call SCM about sending you the plc perameters file and steps to load back into system.

Have resolved the inverter problem ?

Need help for transfering files through RS232 Author 504

I have Morbidelli author 504 CNC machine I want to use my pc to send files to the CNC machine.
    Does anyone know how can I do that?
    what dnc software is compatibil with author 504.
    I use RS232.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    I have Morbidelli author 504 CNC machine I want to use my pc to send files to the CNC machine.
    Does anyone know how can I do that?
    what dnc software is compatibil with author 504.
    I use RS232.
    Hi, You can make up a null modem cable to connect the Tria controller to the serial port (RS232) on the Pc with Cat5 or Cat6 cable.
    In an earlier post I attached pinouts for 3 wire cable & full wire connections for 9 pin & 25 pin plugs.
    I have not done this. Only read about it. Same applies for using Kermit or windows hyperterminal or similar to transmit files.
    I intended to do it but never got around to it.
    Is your floppy drive or bad floppy disks causing problems? If not I'd stick to using floppies because files are only small.
    Floppy drive emulators that use memory sticks are available but there are a few configurations & implementation could be a bit of trial & error.
    I can send you some documentation (on cable, floppy problems & workarounds & emulators) if you want.
    regards Greg

Author 504

I have cable,I have just bought the CNC but this CNC has his RS232 cable mounted.I think it was working with that before,but I need a DNC software how will reconize this CNC so I can send file through pc.
    I dont have tried with floppy disk jet.Also what file formats uses this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by beeonline View Post
    Hi, You can make up a null modem cable to connect the Tria controller to the serial port (RS232) on the Pc with Cat5 or Cat6 cable.
    In an earlier post I attached pinouts for 3 wire cable & full wire connections for 9 pin & 25 pin plugs.
    I have not done this. Only read about it. Same applies for using Kermit or windows hyperterminal or similar to transmit files.
    I intended to do it but never got around to it.
    Is your floppy drive or bad floppy disks causing problems? If not I'd stick to using floppies because files are only small.
    Floppy drive emulators that use memory sticks are available but there are a few configurations & implementation could be a bit of trial & error.
    I can send you some documentation (on cable, floppy problems & workarounds & emulators) if you want.
    regards Greg

Morbidelli Author 503 (1995)

Hi all.
    Is there anyone who can tell me if you can use G code X Y Z generatet from PC then transfered to the CNC by floppy disk?

example would be nice

I ask because right now we program directly on the CNC point to point and we use autocad to get the point to points and then punch them in manualy and some of the programs are very very long so it would be good to have a program where you can import the autocad drawing and generate the X Y Z and just copy it to a floppy disk and load it as a SUB program.
    Any ideas is helpful guys.

Best regards
    Flemming

gcode for morbidelli

Quote Originally Posted by num1040 View Post
    Hi all.
    Is there anyone who can tell me if you can use G code X Y Z generatet from PC then transfered to the CNC by floppy disk?

example would be nice

I ask because right now we program directly on the CNC point to point and we use autocad to get the point to points and then punch them in manualy and some of the programs are very very long so it would be good to have a program where you can import the autocad drawing and generate the X Y Z and just copy it to a floppy disk and load it as a SUB program.
    Any ideas is helpful guys.

Best regards
    Flemming
    The type of program that you are referring to is called a post processor. It must be written specially (or at least a module of that program) for the actual machine you are running.
    For Morbidelli, Aspan has been producing & selling programs which incorporate post processors for these early Morbidelli's from the start,and continue to update on a regular but program costs many thousands new and is sold with dongle copy protection so can't just copy a program and run it on a second machine.
    Is your machine A503?. I have knowledge of A502, A504 & U550
    I think A503 closest to A502 but I could be wrong.
    Can you give me an idea of the layout. Drill pattern, x y & z dimensions etc

I will attempt to contact you directly because I have some other ideas.
    regards beeonline

problem with Morbidelli Author 455

Hello to everyone, i have a cnc morbidelli , Author 455, i have an error massage: "Plc80:tool out of possition" when the router is working, it's stops and i have this error. some times the analoge output from plc to inverter(must be 10volts) is 3.48volts and the machine stops. I check the limit swich, and is ok.
    I don't know what else i have to check. The orizontal router is working.
    thank you very much.

Does anybody have documentary or file showing how to run the Mobidelli machine? Cause it's new to us and we can't run it? The screen also show that "hoods not in position", plz help me!!!!!!

I'm not sure about this particular machine but the Morbidelli and Routech machines I have run had 3 sensors in their dust hoods for some reason; and they all have to function in order for the machine to work.

Page 1 of 2 12