586,005 active members*
5,075 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6m stays in "not ready" mode

Fanuc 6m stays in "not ready" mode

Hi all. I have an older kitamura mycenter 3 with 6m controller and tool changer carosel. Just recently up and running. Added the RYM drip feed and editor and all going well. Then out of blue programs started halting a tool change commands. I started thinking maybe bad reference or overtravel swithces. Started manually activating overtravel switches and something clicked. Now machine stays in "not ready" mode on power up. Can hold the "2nd switch release" button and manually jog all 3 axis. The relative and absolute positions change with the movement but the machine coordinates for all 3 axis stay at zero. The secon I release the switch, I get the not ready alarm again. Checked all the fuses I could fine. All ok. There is a relay labed "low" that is activated and a led"low" on a board that I don't remember prior status of. Thanks ahead for any suggestions

You need to check the overtravel switches, one of them is stuck on.

Thanks for the lead. Dan Fritz from here and Refresh Your Memory" helped me a lot. It was stuck multiple switches and a dead short on the 24v to switches. Was a hair pulling day without a schematic, but all is well in the end