584,863 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

servos, drives, p/s

I acquired some servos and drives that will hopefully power a small mill I want to use for engraving. I am told by the seller that the drives were originally sourced from IMService. Emails and a phone call to them remain unanswered. The motors are Pittman GM9236C534-R2 gearhead (5.9:1) units with a sticker that states 30.3 volts. I have a data sheet on the motors. The drives are pictured. Anybody recognize the drives? How do I figure out what size power supply I need? Any recomendations on the BOB? Thanks in advance to anybody who can help unravel this mystery.
    Joe

Exclamation

You should check you e-mail before you post slander like this. The following message was sent to you on January 22, 2009, with the attachments indicated. Maybe your spam filter is set to filter out information that you need.

This board has the same electrical rating as the current production board.

Fred Smith - IMService

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Joe,

I will try to help you, but we don't have much available anymore. The owner should have had papers that show the connections, you may want to double check with him.

It is extremely important that there must be a common ground between the Logic supply and the Motor Power supply. The logic ground and power ground must be the same. If this is not done correctly it could damage the board.

I have attached the only information still available. We no longer support these servo drivers.

This is a servo driver we stopped selling in 2004. The replacement is :

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/#servo

We don't sell breakout boards. We sell the DeskCNC software and control board. We also sell Mach3, but not a board for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I checked with the seller first for any documentation he could have provided, and searched the internet extensively as well. From my perspective my attempts to contact you WERE unanswered. I use an industry standard LINUX based filtering system... maybe your outgoing servers are on some RBLs or your domain has a high spam rating. I was just attempting to stave off any suggestions that I need to contact you first. Sorry to have hurt your feelings. I can send you some salve if you'd like.

Joe

Oh and if you're so concerned about your reputation, you should work on your vocabulary. Defamation of character by written word is libel, not slander.

Joe

I am so impressed with your gracious and winning personality. It was really a pleasure doing business and you are so very welcome. I'm glad we could provide some free assistance to you. Perhaps next time you could call during business hours when we can answer the phone and provide you with more free stuff.

Fred Smith - IMService
    http://www.imsrv.com

Customer relations school

Wow - is it slander now if someone reports that someone failed to return their call ! Jeez is that a big enough chip on yer shoulder! Its your product - don't see anyone forcing you to assist him? With that attitude its unlikely he'd want to get replacements from you, is it?

Fred,
    I was not looking for a handout... if you recall I did inquire about other components I am looking for that you might sell. Further exploration of your website revealed that you do not sell any of the components I need, so my effort stopped there. As for personalities, I only responded to a clear attack. If you perceived my original post as an attack on your character, I can assure you it was not intended as such although admittedly it could have been worded better. In my limited experience on this formum and with benchtop machines in general, you and your company appear to have a great reputation. It's a shame that it has escalated into this.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by imserv View Post
    You should check you e-mail before you post slander like this. The following message was sent to you on January 22, 2009, with the attachments indicated. Maybe your spam filter is set to filter out information that you need.

This board has the same electrical rating as the current production board.

Fred Smith - IMService

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Joe,

I will try to help you, but we don't have much available anymore. The owner should have had papers that show the connections, you may want to double check with him.

It is extremely important that there must be a common ground between the Logic supply and the Motor Power supply. The logic ground and power ground must be the same. If this is not done correctly it could damage the board.

I have attached the only information still available. We no longer support these servo drivers.

This is a servo driver we stopped selling in 2004. The replacement is :

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/#servo

We don't sell breakout boards. We sell the DeskCNC software and control board. We also sell Mach3, but not a board for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by imserv View Post
    I am so impressed with your gracious and winning personality. It was really a pleasure doing business and you are so very welcome. I'm glad we could provide some free assistance to you. Perhaps next time you could call during business hours when we can answer the phone and provide you with more free stuff.

Fred Smith - IMService
    http://www.imsrv.com
    I'm so glad to see this thread. Helps eliminate potential vendors for my future projects.

Won't be doing business with IMService.

My past projects were to convert Sherline mill and lath to CNC then make high performance electric motors for radio control. I sold the Sherline when I moved to England for 3 years. As soon as I build a garage/shop getting something X3 sized and a 10x22 size lathe, maybe bigger.

Thumbs up

Based on the responses above, IMService just lost another possible customer.

There are plenty of other companies out there who are willing to actually provide CUSTOMER SERVICE...whatever that may look like.

I hope your rant was worth all the lost business that these posts will cause.