I picked up a Light Machine Lathe and Mill (both spectralite) some other things and have questions about it.

Here is a complete list of what I got
spectralight Lathe 0200
spectralight Mill 0400

Two controller Boxes

Software Dongle

ISA card with DB25 port.

DVD with all sorts of software

Drill Chuck, No Arbor

Vice

And some weird off set thing that I have no clue what it is.

I have several questions so please bear with me as I really wasnt expecting to get into CNC this soon and was hoping to learn a little more before I did.

1.I have been doing some reading and found many references for macintosh computers being used. I am wondering if the card I have is for PC or MAC.

2. I have a bunch of different pieces of software (DOS and windows software) and I am not sure what I need. What are the current version of milling and turning software. Do I go straight from autocad to these programs.

I dont know what the process is to go from autocad drawing to having the machine make the part.

3. Are the controller boxes the same for both the lathe and mill? I have two of the same controller box and I was wondering if I could use an AB switch box so that I dont have to connect and disconnect the machines from the back of the controller boxes.

4. What kind of cable do I need to go from the ISA card to the controller box? I was told is a NULL Modem but I am just making sure.

5. Down the road is it possible to get his to move faster than 9 or 12 ipm (found both specs and dont know which one is correct) Was thinking something like using gecko drives etc just a thought.

6. Is it possible to do threading on the lathe? I am not sure what is required to do this. (I am new to machining all together)

Thanks for any and all help.