585,771 active members*
4,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > I hurt myself and this is also my first post!

I hurt myself and this is also my first post!

I um... accedentally ripped the mail off of my thumb. It kind of hurts. Any comments?

Anyway! I finally bought a cnc machine so I'll guess I'll share it with you guys!

It's a GCC Puma III cutting plotter! I really like it, it's a bit difficult figuring where it will start the plot with the standard software (Easysign), In fact, the whole program is a bit dissapointing, half of the features are disabled and those are incidentally the features I need! So, are there any good alternatives to this cutting/routing program?

Oh and by the way, My name is Arien Looren de Jong and I'm from the netherlands, currently 17 years old, I have a manual lathe, a drill press (more like 3 though) a benchtop grinder and that plotting machine I told you gentlemen about earlier.

I might become active on these forums, I would have liked to before but I couldn't really find a section for manual machining.. but i guess that's why it's called cnc zone huh?

Well... end of post.

I hope I am welcome here.

Welcome to the forum

That sucks. Probably better it just ripped off rather then smash the hell out of it under the skin like I did. When my thumbnail was growing out, it had a 1/4" diameter hole in it, eventually about half way up half of it tore off, took months to grow out and looked disgusting, blah!