584,846 active members*
4,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Vytek Rebel Router questions

Has anyone ever heard of a vytek rebel 4x8 cnc router table before? I have seen rebel II models online but can't seem to find any info on the rebel I anywhere? I am thinking about buying one but I am not 100% sure it works because it is at a used equipment warehouse and nobody there knows anything about it. Most of the rebel II models I have seen are laser systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if the stepper motors were bad how much trouble do you think it would be to swap the stepper driver and motors out for another brand? Thanks again for any help!!!

this fellow retrofits them, and yes parts are available!!

http://www.cncexperts.com/

jim
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Rebel Vytek

I have a Vytek Rebel 4 x 8 cnc with a 7.7 perske spindle. Bought it used in 01 and never had any problems until now. The controller which is an AMC3 went out on it and is nowhere to be found. Can answer some questions about parts and may be upgrading to a newer machine. Without the controller the machine is no good, so may have parts available. Call if you want. 843-448-1885. Hope this helps.

les i see you are in sc. what type of work have you been doing with your router, have you considered up grading the controller to mach or wincnc, i can show you wincnc here in sc online
    jim mcgrew
    columbia sc

Vy-Tek Controller

Les - I tried to call you at the number posted - please contact me at 315-423-7446 Ed Amidon - Thank You

Vy-Tek Controller

Les - I tried to call you at the number posted - please contact me at 315-423-7446 Ed Amidon - Thank You

For AMC controls follow this link http://www.burny.com/amc3.html

Quote Originally Posted by wjp9639 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of a vytek rebel 4x8 cnc router table before? I have seen rebel II models online but can't seem to find any info on the rebel I anywhere?
    My advice: AVOID.

Its hard to find CAM software that talks to the Vytek stuff, the attitude of Vytek is that you need to pay them to talk to them, they don't publish even basic user info on their website, won't reveal simple info like what baud rate to use to upload programs unless (you guessed it) you pay them, etc etc etc. As a result its hard/impossible to find any community support, very few packages apart from their own ($2000 a time) package drive it etc.

Buy a machine with a published and open interface, at least you'll be able to interface it to your favourite routing package!

the fellow "les" is the guy who traded in the vytec and purchased a CAMaster, send him a pm he might know.

jim

Enroute software with Vytek Rebel II

EnRoute software works pretty well with our Vytek Rebel II. We used version 2.3 from 1999 - 2010 in our sign shop, until we upgraded to version 4 this year. Since we've owned this machine, we have cut thousands of signs and it has paid for itself many times over.

Personally, I have found the Vytek tech support people fairly helpful. We have replaced a couple of motors over the years and they were pretty good about assisting us to diagnose the problem and find the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by rszemeti View Post
    My advice: AVOID.

Its hard to find CAM software that talks to the Vytek stuff, the attitude of Vytek is that you need to pay them to talk to them, they don't publish even basic user info on their website, won't reveal simple info like what baud rate to use to upload programs unless (you guessed it) you pay them, etc etc etc. As a result its hard/impossible to find any community support, very few packages apart from their own ($2000 a time) package drive it etc.

Buy a machine with a published and open interface, at least you'll be able to interface it to your favourite routing package!

Re: Rebel Vytek

Hi Les, Do you know which belts the Vytek Rebel 2 uses? Thanks

Re: Rebel Vytek

Quote Originally Posted by ironelephant View Post
    Hi Les, Do you know which belts the Vytek Rebel 2 uses? Thanks
    Camaster knows. When I talked to them last they knew where you could purchase them.