Hello all,

I've hung around here for a couple of years and today I finally hit a jackpot in my parts search. Well at least I hope I did-they cost me nothing. What I'm curious to know is, are these motors useful?, has anyone used them before with success?, etc.

I'm just looking for a little feedback on your experiences or knowledge. My goal is to use them for a cnc router table. My guess is with over 1500 oz-in of torque and 1500 rpm rating at my disposal I shouldn't have to worry too much. I won't be moving a large and heavy gantry with a huge spindle. Something more along the lines of a heavier duty router with 1/2" shaft for now. You can get the idea from there. The motors , three of them, are the following: 34K214S-CB8. Go here for a look and more:

http://www.anaheimautomation.com/34K...er_Motors.aspx

They look darn beefy from the specs. Plus there's a planetary reduction gear box and right angle gear box on two of them. They are used but look brand new too. I searched these threads but came up empty handed so far. Lots on the 34K series -that's because it's the NEMA 34 frame.

I'm thinking on keeping these and starting my project from here. What do you think??

Cheers!!

Eric