585,930 active members*
4,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > The most useful software that I cant find!

The most useful software that I cant find!

I have been trying to find a program that does one thing, and one thing only for the longest time but have yet to find it! And I'm wondering how hard it would be for someone to create this kind of a software for the CNC community. Basicly what I'm looking at is something that can recode Gcode in an order that makes it so the machine isnt JUMPING round doing different cuts. I mean granted there is a lot of software out there that does a great job of creating gcode from raster images or just making cad drawings by hand in general. but the problem I find is that things are out of order and you have to edit things by hand so much that it just takes way to much time.

Now what I'm looking for is a software which can re-order the code in sequence. So say you draw a squar, I'd rather my machine cut in order of 1 2 3 4 corner wise, say down over up over. rather then find that on the first try it went 1 3 2 4, say left side, right side, bottem then top. The design would be easy to create, just have the sotware package follow mouse movements for example around a cad drawing? or even just pick a start point and a direction. Then the cad editing software its self re-orders The gcode so there isnt so much jumping around. Any help would be great!!!!

I don't know what software you are using at the moment, but even the "cheapees" like Mach2 and Ace converter have an "optimise" button which should do what you are asking. Sometimes you have to explode any polylines or save in an older DXF format to get them to work though.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by berin
    I have been trying to find a program that does one thing, and one thing only for the longest time but have yet to find it! And I'm wondering how hard it would be for someone to create this kind of a software for the CNC community. Basicly what I'm looking at is something that can recode Gcode in an order that makes it so the machine isnt JUMPING round doing different cuts. I mean granted there is a lot of software out there that does a great job of creating gcode from raster images or just making cad drawings by hand in general. but the problem I find is that things are out of order and you have to edit things by hand so much that it just takes way to much time.

Now what I'm looking for is a software which can re-order the code in sequence. So say you draw a squar, I'd rather my machine cut in order of 1 2 3 4 corner wise, say down over up over. rather then find that on the first try it went 1 3 2 4, say left side, right side, bottem then top. The design would be easy to create, just have the sotware package follow mouse movements for example around a cad drawing? or even just pick a start point and a direction. Then the cad editing software its self re-orders The gcode so there isnt so much jumping around. Any help would be great!!!!
    Check out Vector CAD/CAM
    It is based on the geometry has a direction, and order.
    I believe that is what you are asking for.

http://imsrv.com/

Just a satisfied customer.
    Pete

What Cad are you using, and what's creating your code?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)