585,715 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Advantages to using PostHaste?

I'm hoping someone can help me out here....
    I've been screwing around for literally weeks in my spare time to get an understanding of the Spost that comes with Surfcam Velocity 3. I am trying to modify a post for doing 4 axis work on a Mazak 510C. I am starting to understand some of the things I can change but I still don't understand enough to get the post modified to my satisfaction. I managed to modify the 2-3 axis post which uses (I think) the PostHaste post processor. Could someone please explain why for doing 2-3 axis work it's recommended we use the mpost and for 4+ axis work we should use the spost? I was doing a little reading about PostHaste and they offer a post template for doing 4 axis work and it seems way less complicated than the spost that comes with Surfcam.

I have a hunch that others are curious about this too, so if you have some answers, you'll be my hero....

Steve

Mpost vs. Spost

The basic difference is Spost is more powerful if you need all the capability it affords. The vast majority of machines are actually posted with mpost in Surfcam. There are a few limitations in mpost but its simplicity usually more than makes up for it in most applications.