585,760 active members*
3,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

XYZ-Tech 6090 Laser - new user.general questions

Hello

First a big thanks to everyone who has contributed to the forums on this site - i have learned a great deal from reading here over the last 6 months or so.

I have just purchased a 600x900 60 watt machine from XYZ-Tech in Jinan, China and currently setting it up. The machine seems to be pretty well made overall - though there is some patches of slightly rough work here and there!

Does anyone else own / use a machine from this company? or may be able to advise on the following questions based on a similar machine?

1 - It was supplied with lasercut 5.1 , softdog dongle, and as far as i am aware it uses MPC6515 card (inside laser . connected by USB ) - but very little in the way of documentation! I have installed the lasercut and softdog without any problems. but not sure how to commence a job. i gather from the forums that with this hardware i have to download the job to the machine's memory then control from the machines control panel rather than controlling job from the PC - is this correct? also someone mentioned that a config file has to be sent from lasercut to the machine prior to use ?

2. How to set Zero positions (if possible ) ? The Z table doesnt seem to have a upper limit switch ( have to hit emergency stop! ) X and Y seem to stop at limit switch zero ok - but come home with a 'clunk'. and this point is outside of my cutting bed. For example can i set zero to be at a selected point on the worktable?

3. does anyone know if the machine will be damaged by running it without laser tube installed, whilst setting up software etc ?
    Only i dont want to take my fingers off / eyeballs out whilst calibrating it.

Please excuse the barrage of questions!

Regards from Scotland.

KP

Hi KP,

I have a 6090 machine from WK Laser and I could email you the manuals I received with mine if you think it might help.

Did you receive 2 CD's? If so, if you explore / browse the files that are on them you may find that the manuals are on the driver CD. Probably a .pdf or .doc file.

Also, if you can search through my posts, I posted a video from youtube that shows the setup procedures on a Chinese laser.

Send me a message with your email address if you want the manuals that I have.

Regards,
    Skip

Hi skip-

yes if you could email the manuals that would be great :- " [email protected] "
    i already have the mpc6515 manual and the lasercut5.1 manual so might be the same stuff.

Got the machine XY working today from lasercut. seems to be perfect.

have hooked up the water and laser and attempted to get a 'pulse' out of it
    but nothing! so thats tomorrows problem.

best

KP

Quote Originally Posted by KPBadger View Post
    Hi skip-

yes if you could email the manuals that would be great :- " [email protected] "
    i already have the mpc6515 manual and the lasercut5.1 manual so might be the same stuff.

Got the machine XY working today from lasercut. seems to be perfect.

have hooked up the water and laser and attempted to get a 'pulse' out of it
    but nothing! so thats tomorrows problem.

best

KP

Those were the two manuals I was going to send you, but since you have them already there's no use sending mine.

Sounds like you are making progress. One thing I will mention, I leave the machine power set at 100% on the small screen on the machine, and I set power and speed settings in LaserCut before I send the file to the laser. If you set the power at say 40 in LaserCut, with the machine screen showing 100%, it will run at 40 power. Know what I mean?

Take care,
    Skip