584,808 active members*
5,211 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

retrofitting with sinumerik 802c

hi everybody,
    i have recently bought a russia made cnc lathe. i want to retrofit it with a sinumerik 802c baseline controller . i decided to use the original drives of the lathe which accept analog voltage input to control the DC motors speed.
    is there anybody who can help me to find documents,PLC programs and anything elese which can useful for this case(retrofiting lathes with analog input drives by sinumerik 802C).
    thanks in advance.

I think the 802 base line doesn´t work with analog output for voltage speed reference. You have to try a Fagor 8035 and you have all the manuals in the official web site.

no it does , 802 series has 3 member 802d 802C 802C which 802d has digital output for digital drives , 802S is for stepper motors and 802c has analog outputs for controlling speed of analog input drives.
    can you tell me some of fagor 8030 features and an approximate price of it.

You already have the control?

The 802 has an analogue module available to interface with drives requiring an analogue input.
    All the manuals are available for download from Siemens website.
    Beware Fagor do not include a plc programme whereas Siemens do although you will have to edit it to suit your particular application.
    A recent quote in the UK for Siemens and Fagor controls to retrofit a mill with 4 axis and sppindle saw Siemens being £1000 cheaper on a supply only basis.

With Fagor you don´t need any software to program the PLC. And whit fagor he only need to get the CNC. So in uk the CNC was £1000 chepear than CNC fagor 8035T. What model of Siemens it was quoted. You have all the manuals in the web, the communiaction software and screen creator for the CNC. I know the diference becouse I am a Camporesi Lathes Fagor Programmer in argentina and There is see the siemens 802 SL work. It´s a great control but in prestation Fagor is better and you don´t need a module to connect your drives.
    Best Regards
    Carlos

dear kcho,
    can you send me a sample diagram and plc program written for it for a CNC lathe with a fagor 8035 cnc .
    thanks.

I attached a document. It´s basically you have to program in alathe with two axes, spindle, hidraulic or neumatic chuck, no turret and manual lubricating.
    Any doubts asked me.

Best Regards

Carlos
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you kcho,
    can you also send me the electrical diagram for the code you have send.
    regards

It´s easy all is connect to the PLC. If you want more help send to me your electric diagrams by mail and I could tell better what you have to do, I usually do retrofitings and always try to use the original wiring. Oviusly the original wiring must be good.
    Enter www.fagorautomation.com and download the manuals. You have also the 8055T it´s a little expensive than the 8035 but it has a conversational programing inclued for machining. It´s very usefull.

Carlos Cabrera

Hi - So did you use the 802c after all? how did you like it? how difficult was it to programm the PLC?
    Please share your expriance with this retrofit

hi dovi,
    i have found sinumerik 802c a cheap , user friendly and easy to programming control specially if you are acquianted with siemens PLC's .if you are asking me i advise it.

:cheers:

802c

I found the 802c in china at about 2000$US including shipment. what I'm worried about is lack of support here . No one has used it here before and ther is no local technical support .
    I plan to use it on a vertical CNC lathe instead of a old Allen Bradley control. Thr Axes Servo , also AB I plan to use as is and same for the spindle. I hope this is going to be a simple ,almost plug and play exept for the PLC.

If this goes right w will offer it for simple milling machines etc.

Did you do any further machines with it? What were your costs for the control?Which warrantee did you get? Where did you get the support from?

regards
    Dovi

Quote Originally Posted by dovi View Post
    Hi - So did you use the 802c after all? how did you like it? how difficult was it to programm the PLC?
    Please share your expriance with this retrofit
    just to day i have been insatling and retrofeed 30 numbers the kinde of machine turning and milling with this system and all machines is working good.

Re: retrofitting with sinumerik 802c

Quote Originally Posted by FAHJ View Post
    just to day i have been insatling and retrofeed 30 numbers the kinde of machine turning and milling with this system and all machines is working good.
    Hi FAHJ.please help me setup for lathe machine 802c base line.my email[email protected]

Thank
    Linh

Re: retrofitting with sinumerik 802c

Hi FAHJ. We have a CNC lathe with Sinumerik 802C. We have problems with PLC, as in this topic:
    https://en.industryarena.com/forum/s...99#post2420099. Please, could you help us solve this problem? My e-mail: [email protected]