585,977 active members*
4,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Captain L370 w/ LNS Bar feeder

Okuma Captain L370 w/ LNS Bar feeder

Running a Quickload Servo 80 LNS Bar feeder on a 2008 Okuma Captain L370. Does anyone have a sample program for the bar feed cycle. I'm new to this servo style machine as are existing bar feeder is an air assisted pusher with the use of a bump stop on the turret. Feeder is a SMW Spacesaver 2000. This new set up uses no bump stop and has me confused...i can run through a bar i have loaded manually, but i can not get it to push a new loaded bar past the point of the top cut position. What i mean is that it loads the new bar, pushes to top cut position, but will not advance to the part length push. No alarms or errors occur and neither Okuma tech support or LNS have given me any helpful info or reasoning to why. Can someone please help me ?!?

THANK YOU.

Just to confirm, you do have a value in the LNS parameter for part length if there is one? I don't remember what parameter it is but it sounds like if it is loading to Top Cut than the only thing it is not doing is feeding out by the part length parameter. Or I think that barfeeder may require you to add how much you want to extend the bar out after loading to the top cut position. Example: top cut is set to 50", you need 3" of extension, change your top cut parameter to 53". Hope this helps.

do you work in Z- in your program

a never got an issue with the bar feed working in Z-, the part lenght is between the jaws and the top cut

Hope this helps...

IF VDIN[24] EQ1 NBAR (Check for end of bar)
    M84 (Open Collet/Chuck)
    M93 (M Code for barfeed to push)
    M83 (Close chuck/collet)
    enter your part machining here
    GO TO NFIN

NBAR
    M84 (OPEN)
    M436 (BARFEED LOAD NEW BAR TO TOP CUT)
    M83 (CLOSE CHUCK)
    cut off top of bar or face off

NFIN

M02 or M30 (End of program)

That's just a basic program structure. I don't know what your exact situation is though. If under applications menu you have without turret and with m code selected you need to give the M93 for the barfeed to push. BTW you can use a turret stop with the Quickoad 80. You would have to change the application to with m code with turret.

This is all of course assuming the unit was working correctly at installation. You may have a parameter or keep relay that's not set correctly on the Okuma side, or something screwey in the LNS parameters.

If you are running an automatic cycle, getting to the bar change, loading a new bar automatically and then hanging up...it's not canceling the M436. You'll know because eventually it will give you a timer error on either the barfeed or okuma. I don't think that's the problem you're having but if it is let me know.

Anyways, hopefully that little program helps you out. PS - just single block it the first time so you don't crash anything. But you knew that already...