584,863 active members*
4,933 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori NL2500 with LNS barfeed question

Mori NL2500 with LNS barfeed question

Hello,
    I am using a Mori NL 2500 with a LNS Move Quick Six barfeed and I am having trouble with the end of bar program. I am wondering if anyone else here has used a similar setup and if so what did your program look like when changing bars. I am having trouble with the M codes to use (I'm fairly new to using this barfeed but I am very familar with the NL. Any advice would be aprreciated. Thanks

I do not have this setup but I do have a similar machine with the same barfeeder. In my machine I have to have an "IF" statement that checks for end of bar at the beginning of my program (IF[#1000EQ 1]GOTO5000). Once the barfeeder sends a signal to my machine that it is out of material my variable #1000 changes to a 1. When this happens it jumps down to line #5000 and under this line I open my chuck, then have an M-code (M51) that tells the loader to do a bar change. The chuck must be open and the machine will sit on this M51 until a new bar is loaded into the machine. Once loaded the porgram jumps back to the beginning of the program and begins work.
    Depending on setup, the barfeeder needs to see the doors closed, chuck open, and sometimes spindle rotating. Not sure exactly what your seeing but I hope this helps.

I should have been more specific. I am a little confused on what code I need. Here is my code for the end of bar:

M5 (stop spindle)
    M9 (coolant stop)
    M73 (parts catcher in)
    M11 (chuck open)
    M482 (barfeed)
    M10 (close chuck)
    M74 (parts catcher out)
    M99

What I am confused on is do I need a barfeed M code for the end of bar or do I need to do something else? I think I would would need a dwell or something but I am a little confused. Currently I will hit end of bar in a few minutes so I will have to trial and error it. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks

the M482 SHOULD make the machine wait until the barfeed cancels the m-code hence no dwell. The M482 is the code for the barfeeder to load a new bar to top cut position. Once it does this it sends the signal to cancel the Mcode and you continue machining. Hopefully that helps.