584,862 active members*
5,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Solidworks & SolidCAM integration

Solidworks & SolidCAM integration

I had Solidworks 2008 (SP0) for a while and I jut installed SolidCAM 2008 R12 SP2.1). I do not see the two softwares integrated. I can open SolidCAM by itself and it seems to work fine.

I can go to Tool>Add in in Solidworks but do not see SolidCAM appear in that list.

My major issue with this situation is that I am not able to open and of the *.SLDPRT files. It will only open *.prt and *.PRZ files. I have two questions.

1) Is their any settings that needs to be changed in either software to make the integartion happen.

2) Is their any conversion process to read *.SLDRT files in SolidCAM.

Thanks for any help.

ArifB

I believe the *.PRZ files is an option. The idea is to take all the individual files and put them in a single file. Its like a zip file.

1) Is their any settings that needs to be changed in either software to make the integartion happen.

This integration should work for you. I would check with your reseller and they may be able to trouble shoot for you. Do you have the SolidCAM addin enabled in SolidWorks options?

From inside SolidWorks with SolidCAM enabled, if you have the SolidWorks part open you can goto cam mode by under the SolidCAM pulldown menu "New Cam part (sim. wording). This will create the design part and put it in assembly mode for adding your operations etc.

If you have an existing part done you can goto the pulldown menu and open the previous cam part there

Quote Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post
    I believe the *.PRZ files is an option. The idea is to take all the individual files and put them in a single file. Its like a zip file.

This integration should work for you. I would check with your reseller and they may be able to trouble shoot for you. Do you have the SolidCAM addin enabled in SolidWorks options?

From inside SolidWorks with SolidCAM enabled, if you have the SolidWorks part open you can goto cam mode by under the SolidCAM pulldown menu "New Cam part (sim. wording). This will create the design part and put it in assembly mode for adding your operations etc.

If you have an existing part done you can goto the pulldown menu and open the previous cam part there
    SolidCAM is one of SolidWorks 'gold partners' and once installed it should work from within the SW environment. I do not believe that any conversion is required.

Have you gone to your ADD-IN menu and selected the SolidCAM option, once this is completed the CAM option should be available as an icon or pull down?

I know this post is kind of old but here are the instructions if anybody else needs this.

1. Run SolidWorks
    2. Click "Open File". In 'File type' choose "add-in..(*.dll)"
    3. Browse "HostLibSW.dll" (by default C:\Program Files\SolidCAM2007R11\Solidcam\HostLibSW.dll) and click "Open"

After that SC has to appear in SW menu

Re: Solidworks & SolidCAM integration

Quote Originally Posted by arifbustani View Post
    I had Solidworks 2008 (SP0) for a while and I jut installed SolidCAM 2008 R12 SP2.1). I do not see the two softwares integrated. I can open SolidCAM by itself and it seems to work fine.

I can go to Tool>Add in in Solidworks but do not see SolidCAM appear in that list.

My major issue with this situation is that I am not able to open and of the *.SLDPRT files. It will only open *.prt and *.PRZ files. I have two questions.

Thanks for any help.

ArifB
    Try this:

Open Command prompt, then type the following command: CD C:\Program Files\SolidCAM2021\solidcam then regsvr32 HostLibSW.dll

Re: Solidworks & SolidCAM integration

Hey
    I work with a doosan puma 2100 lxy lathe
    Is it possible to perform in solidcam Polygon turning?