585,948 active members*
3,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Trouble

Page 1 of 2 12

Trouble

Ok.. My machine is in and setup. The mill runs fine in manual mode and with the MPG. However I cannot get it to run thru Mach3. I am running the profile that is on the syil america website for the X4. I can tell the connection between the PC and Mill is good when I reboot the PC the mill goes thru a series of clicks. Is ther something in the Mach3 setup Im missing?

please sent me your email address.we will sent new profiles.
    our email: [email protected] or [email protected]
    s
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

S i have sent you an email with the total issue..

problem might come from loose connection, try this profile

ps change file extension back to .xml
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

More Trouble

Now Im having even Bigger issues... The front panel has display but keeps flashing E STOP and now none of the funtions work, no manual wont shift to CNC mode and the Flood cooland pump is on constant now. I have checked all of the connections. The several of the thin white cables hade come loose in shipping i did my best to out them where they belong but the pic on the shipping docs dont match what i have.

did you check all the screw and connection in the back, i know it sounds like tons of trouble but lets just say that syil wont be certified iso soon for quality of assembly if all fails then the problem will be from either the front panel board or the one it connects to in the back
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Trouble

Im hoping the axis driver card is not bad.. The front panel lights and displays but nothing moves. I did go back and check All of the connections but I can go thru it again. I did replace two of the crimp on connectors. Also the power connection from the switch down to the back panel three of the wires came uncrimped.

What would be signs that one of the cards in the machine is bad?

well one of the sign could be what you are experiencing

Do you know what the name of that board is?? Can I order just that board from the US or Canadian Syil?? Any Idea on cost? I know it should be covered under warrenty but it could take weeks to get it from the factory.

Does the X4 have a daughter card on the main board? If so, push it in to make sure it is seated tightly.

CR.

Im sure with my luck its a card that expired. The machine did run after I fixed the broken crimp connectors and plugged things back in. Then I tested the E STOP and it all went down hill from there.

now your machine does not work even in manual mode like in your first post?
    The idea of debugging is improve in incremental steps without losing advances, thats why I ask.

You opened the front panel? the e-stop button have 3 posible connections, you need to connect the wires on the extremes.

lets try to leave the machine operating as you described in the 1st post and go from there

I think one of the issues is that the pin connections are VERY unclear as apperently I have a newer revision of the boards than what is in the manual. I have sceen photos out there of what wire is to be connected where. If I can get this part worked out I can move forward.

As for operation. The setup starts in Manual mode has all zeros on the axis. All led lights are on the boards in the back. None of the buttons on the front panel work. When you move the E STOP you can hear the relay click but nothing beyond that. E STOP still flashes on the screen.

The machine was a mess when it came in freight did not due it justice. All 6 of the screws holding the back panel on were gone. Several of the wires had pulled from the connectors. I went thru and put each one there it should be. However I beilve the several White wire sets with whit conectors on them are not in the connectors they should be. There are several posibilites and at this point none of them are right. I did have the machine running in manual mode with the MPG. I could never get the machine to run in CNC mode. I tested the E STOP button and it has ALL changed. Also the Flood cooling pump runs continualy now as soon as you turn the power on.

Quote Originally Posted by peu View Post
    now your machine does not work even in manual mode like in your first post?
    The idea of debugging is improve in incremental steps without losing advances, thats why I ask.

You opened the front panel? the e-stop button have 3 posible connections, you need to connect the wires on the extremes.

lets try to leave the machine operating as you described in the 1st post and go from there

Back to the begining.

OK.. Thanks to Mr Chen at Syil my machine is back up and running in manual mode. However I still cannot get it to interface with Mach3. The parallel port is functional an when I start the PC you can hear the machine enguage. however NO comunication between Mach3 and the mill happens. I have tried EVERY XML file out there even the ones Mr Chen has sent me. Interesting enough they are all different.

I know my lpt1 port is working as I plugged a printer into it and it printed? Is there a Printer I need setup as a default? Its something in the comunication.

To make sure the parallel port is the correct one referenced in Mach (ports and pins dialogue) have look in device manager to see what the parallel port address is. It is listed on the resources tab of the properties of the port and most use 0x378.

Are you using a "STRAIGHT THRU" DB-25 cable between computer and mill?

CR.

Cable

yes it is the cable provided by syil.

I have checked the port setup but I will verify..

PCI card

I know this is a configuration issue between mach3 and the PCI port card I hace to use. The PC i put together for this machine does not have a Paralell port. I have dug on the the Mach3 website and folowed EVERY thread on how to fix this. I DO not get why mach3 doesnt have a autoseek function.. NONE of it works. Im going to get another PCI card tomarrow maybe this one is a dud... its the last resort before I take the entir lot to the dump...

Quote Originally Posted by Six0GTO View Post
    I know this is a configuration issue between mach3 and the PCI port card I hace to use. The PC i put together for this machine does not have a Paralell port. I have dug on the the Mach3 website and folowed EVERY thread on how to fix this. I DO not get why mach3 doesnt have a autoseek function.. NONE of it works. Im going to get another PCI card tomarrow maybe this one is a dud... its the last resort before I take the entir lot to the dump...
    When you switch the mill to cnc mode and start up Mach 3 - then hit the resst button on mach 3. I know you said you can hear a few clicks with the mill but to confirm - at this stage do you see a little computer symbol on the mill screen?

It should be there if the mill is seeing the charge pump signal. If it is not there then there is a pot to adjust on one of the boards. It is referenced in the manual.

Yes the Charge pump symbol is shown.

Page 1 of 2 12