585,760 active members*
3,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > HELP... Can't create radius on edge

HELP... Can't create radius on edge

Please look at this file and tell me why I can't create a radius around the whole top outside edge of this part.
    Please.
    I keep getting a BLCCAB error.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fillet

Can't say for sure with V9 , but in X3 I went to Solid / Fillet , then had to pick from body , face or edge . Picked edge all way around, hit ok, box come's up for more info , specified Rad. I wanted & was done . Hope this helps . Neat part .

Harold C.

Thanks man,
    I think i got it figured out a few hours ago.
    I had to do the radi in separate sections for some reason.
    But I got it.
    Thanks.
    ? In v9 the top tool bar, how do I modify it and can I add another tool bar
    so I have 2 up at 1 time?
    I like to use icons.
    Also, is there a way to change the individual icons to make them look slightly different?

maybe under Settings ?

Don't know about V9. Started in X , but I would think in Setting's under Customize their should be way's to configure your GUI , at least X , X2 & X3 are that way. If not maybe someone who has used this version will chime in & help .

Harold C.

V9 toolbars:-
    Sorry, you can not have two bars.
    the only thing is the side paging L & R arrows, on that bar, to take you to more icons, these should be empty icon fields that are modifiable at the end, I have not tried to add more icons, but have modified to allow a vericut icon etc.
    It would be nice to have two bars up, but do you know what the keypress C,L,H or F,G gives you (in the LH menu area the commands have certain letters underlined- these are the quick keys they will also help )
    CLH= Create , Line, Horizontal ( do you follow ?? )

On the fillets problem:-
    Mastercam tends to "hang up" on fillleting solids if not done in some sort of order.
    Drawing practice in most CAD systems is to go from largest radii to smallest.
    Eg1. a pocket with corners "R1/2" and fillets on the floor of R1/8" ( do the 1/2" first)
    Eg2. a pocket with corners "R1/8" and fillets on the floor of R1/2" ( do the 1/8" first) ( Mastercam cannot put a 1/2" fillet on the junction at the wall radius and floor if the 1/8" was already created

If you can back track in your solids manager to "supress" the rads in the corners, draft to make the solid, fillet the top surfaces, then put the corner rads onto the solid model, you may have better sucess, and not have to do them one by one.

Hope this also helps

The reason you couldn't fillet it all at once is the small corner sections of your solid ....when you use anything much over a .25 radius it tries to fillet over those sections and basically wipes them out ...fillet any two of the large sections and watch what it does to the smaller parts

there is a way to create custom icon in V9 but you have to draw them in paint so if your like me they look like a first grader did it I may still have a tutorial about it somewhere