585,885 active members*
6,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Fanuc O-MD controller-"Magazine not oriented” message

Fanuc O-MD controller-"Magazine not oriented” message

We are having some problems with the ATC on a 2000 Amera Seiki VAS 3M with a Fanuc O-MD controller. When we received the machine, it was missing 3 pots in the tool changing magazine. While running a program with a couple of tool changes, the machine was trying to put a tool in a place where there was no pot. I hit the E-stop while the arm was at the spindle. I was able to rotate the arm back to a zero position and clear the ATC error, but I am now getting a “Magazine not oriented” message. If I try to rotate the magazine, the machine doesn’t pull up the pot before it tries to rotate the magazine, which causes a bind. We have turned the machine on and off a couple of times, turned the air on and off a couple of times, the sensors seem to be functioning properly, and we have rotated the magazine back and forth to a couple of different positions to try to clear the message, but to no avail. I have read through what machine manual says to do, but it still doesn’t seem to be working right.

And the manual says...

If you know a solution to this I would greatly appriciate it? The manual that I have is missing a number of pages and is old and unreadable.

Intermitent Sensor output

I have a few years ago the same problem with a mazak cnc and the problem are: the position sensor works intermitent, not allways send the signal but, the light of the sensor allways working, check with a multimeter the voltaje output of the sensor, some times the output is bad but the light of the sensor works good.

Thanks Jav40 I'll check that.