585,568 active members*
3,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Help with Alarm code Arrow 750

Help with Alarm code Arrow 750

Dose anybody know anything alarm code 40-33
    Output/Fuse Failure In APC Rack 0.
    Cause: A fault condition was detected in one or of the output
    devices in APC Rack 0.
    I changed the computer battery then when I restarted this alarm came up.
    I can't find any help in the manuals.
    Thanks
    Joefizz

I am expecting my realtime board to come back from Siemens either today or monday. It is not the CMHD board as I sent this in as well. Real time board is where the problem was. I also had to change battery in the board. So i thought it might have been the Bios. If so maybe someone could enlighten us as to how to change the batteries Maybe in the R/T board we should only change when powered up. I will repost when I get the board back if this in fact fixed the 40-33 alarm
    David
    PS I have Acramatic A2100Y R/T 3-424-2168A 1999

Smile Arrow 750 R/T board

The problem is fixed. The R/T board needed to be flashed.
    Mark Nichols form Cincinnati Milacron was a huge help.
    He explaned to our IT guy what had to be done.
    We flashed it Now all is good.
    We also changed the clock battery (not the one on the R/T board).
    It was on another board. We needed Mark's help with settings that were lost.
    Again a huge help. Mark knowes his stuff.
    All systems are working now.
    All is now right in my world!!

cincinnnati arrow vmc 750 alarme code 39-26
    the problem is when i start auto reglage of intilisation paramettre machine !
    alarme 39-26 to axe X and Y is not in avabel postion ; i regled this maniellement but not passt every time the sayme alarme code 39-26
    i need any help plaise
    thanks
    skasat

Re: Arrow 750 R/T board

Hi Everyone!
    Can i have Mark Nichols Help, because i'm having the same problem?
    Thanks to you all for any help you can give!

Nelson Rafael - Portugal

Re: Help with Alarm code Arrow 750

Mark Nichols was in Tech support at Cincinnati, but retired quite a while ago. They still have tech support you can contact and ask for support with the product you are working on.

I'm assuming your comment about "having the same issue" is referring to the original post (40-33), and not the latest post (which was about a different alarm code).
    The alarm is indicating the control does not see the expected voltage at the I/O card in the control, so is assuming the 24V supply is not working. You should verify your 24V supply is working properly first as it is easy to check and can be as simple as a blown fuse. However, if the control boards are not communicating properly, this alarm can also occur as was the case with the OP. In his case, it was the RT Board causing the problem, but the same could occur from issues with the WS, BBB, I/O, etc.
    If this started immediately after changing the battery on one of your boards, it is most likely related to that board, but if it just started without changing the batteries, you have more troubleshooting to do before you can just jump to the conclusion that it is the same as the OP.

Hi Maver1ck,
    We had a error on the machine, in the RT Board. We removed it, fix one capacitor that was damaged, changed the battery.

After battery change, connected to a power supply, keyboard, and a monitor, (we had no errors on that), them the configuration we find in this forum for that specific board. Installed again in the machine and now we have 40-33 alarm -Output/Fuse Failure In APC Rack 0 message!

Any suggestions about witch is causing this alarm? we assume, for many opinions we had read in this forum, that the board is missing a flash!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards everyone!

As I mentioned, there are a number of things that could be causing this, but if it was working until you changed the battery, the RT BIOS seems to be a very likely scenario. However, since you mentioned a repair that was done on the board, I should also probably mention I have also seen a number of boards that were damaged when worked on by others so it is possible there is something more wrong with the board that just the BIOS.

It would be extremely rare that the APC alarm mentioned would be the first sign of a problem though as there would usually be failures during the diagnostics prior to loading the A2100 software. What these failures are may help confirm an issue with the RT board or point in another direction.

If it does come down to the RT Board, I have been re-flashing these for companies for years for a nominal fee (send a PM if you are interested). I test the board first to confirm whether the issue is actually in the board, reflash it and test it again. Although this is all that is needed in 98% of the boards I've seen for these issues, there are cases where something more is wrong with the board and I will usually just recommend the customer send the board to Siemens for repair in these cases (although in some cases I have been able to identify an issue with RAM or CPU and let the customer choose whether they want to replace it themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonRafael View Post
    Hi Maver1ck,
    We had a error on the machine, in the RT Board. We removed it, fix one capacitor that was damaged, changed the battery.

After battery change, connected to a power supply, keyboard, and a monitor, (we had no errors on that), them the configuration we find in this forum for that specific board. Installed again in the machine and now we have 40-33 alarm -Output/Fuse Failure In APC Rack 0 message!

Any suggestions about witch is causing this alarm? we assume, for many opinions we had read in this forum, that the board is missing a flash!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards everyone!
    Problem Solved!
    Happy to have friends with same machine in neighboring!
    Thanks for the help!
    Regards everyone!