585,978 active members*
4,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

"Soft Stop" error MPC6515

Hello

once again i have got some (hopefully minor) problem with my laser engraver.

it has been working perfectly but today refuses to preview or cut anything -instead error message is displayed on the machine " soft stop" and a series of beeps. jog, and laser pulse all work ok.

any suggestions welcome!

thanks

KP

KP
    That's where you have stopped the x-y axis and tried to run a cut program that will run outside the machines parameters

I'll asume your machine is 900x600.

i.e if you set the x-y to say 400, 400 then download a mol to machine that has a size of 550x250 this will overlap the machine parameters by 50mm on each axis, the machine throws out a soft stop message

hope this helps
    Rich

Rich, thanks
    thats exactly what the problem is ( thanks Frank also who has advised the reason behind the error ) - makes perfect sense now.

So it appears that somehow i have inadvertently changed the machine to operate the cutting program relative to the head's current position. Rather than to absolute coordinates ( ie relative to 0,0 ) - as it was functioning previously.

i assume this is a setting in Lasercut 5.1 software? - since i havent tampered with anything other than the jog distance on the machine control pad.

any clues?

Regards
    KP

I doubt whether you have altered any parameters.

If you do a cut & position the laser head anywhere away from datum, once this cut is finished the machine assumes this is the datum point to start the next cut, if it's a larger cut from the previous cut it will throw out a soft stop error.

Just try moving the laser head to allow sufficient x-y for new part & reload, should be ok from then.

Alternatively datum the machine before each cut. i.e. push the datum button on the panel before you load a new cut file, the laser head will then move to where you have the laser start point in the software.

Rich