585,762 active members*
3,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Probotix or HobbyCNC or Xylotex kits ?

View Poll Results: Which brand 3 axis kit is the best allrounder - Protronix, Hobby CNC or Xylotex

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Protronix

18 41.86%
  • HobbyCNC

19 44.19%
  • Xylotex

6 13.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 123
    Probotix gets my vote. I'm a newbe with stepper motors and drives. I had some questions and was walked through each process I had questions about. They were very polite and very willing to help. Great support and service.

Quote Originally Posted by embguru View Post
    Probotix offers $200 for 3 axis kit. Best price out there. Just need to assemble it. Got it working with a Sherline 5000 bought on ebay. Excellent Customer service as well.
    I went with the same kit for my sherline 5410. There isn't much mention of Probotix on here aside from this thread. The unipolar drive seems well matched to the fine pitch leadscrews. Probotix quickly answered emails and their website is clean/modern while offering all the cables/buttons/plugs etc on their webstore. One stop shopping at its best.

A fellow hobbyist suggested i get whatever is affordable and start making chips. Spending big money on other equipment is only going to offer minimal gains.

Hi:

I would like to buy a 5 or 6 axil breakboard, but i dot know which are the better provider please can you give me your recomendation.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by timcsc View Post
    Hi:

I would like to buy a 5 or 6 axil breakboard, but i dot know which are the better provider please can you give me your recomendation.

Thank you

There are many 6 axis board from automation Technology Inc

High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Automation Technology Inc

If you don't want to put out the money for a Geckodrive (and they ARE the best, by far) and you aren't scared of a soldering iron, check out our open source TB6064AH kit. It will get you most of the performace of a Geckdrive at about half the price.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

WoodNDust Guest

Re: Probotix or HobbyCNC or Xylotex kits ?

A lot of helpful information condensed! This is the Cliff Notes of CNC.

KL-4530 CNC, KL-6060, 5 3D printers, CNC Fusion Converted LMS Milling Machine, 60w Laser Cutter

If anyone is interested in a probotix complete kit shoot me a message. I have a 3 axis factory assembled kit and a 2 axis that I assembled.

I got my motors and power supply from someone KFC Near Me

else and they even offered to wire it all up for me if I would send them the power supply and motors.

Page 3 of 3 123