585,898 active members*
5,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > How to delete Old Programs in 6T.

How to delete Old Programs in 6T.

Ok, So I need to know how to and where to delete old programs on a Miyano Lathe with a 6T controll. So when I first started sending programs it would erorr out unless I called a new program number at the top, start of the program. So I would just change the number so I could send a new program. The problem is that the memory has run out of space. I cannot find where the old programs are stored on its memory, or how to delete them. I am used to machines to where if you send a program with the same number it just deletes the previous program with that number. I know on other controllers you just go the a different page under the alarm key to find them, but cant find them here on this 6t controller. Thanks for your help guys.

HI
    On a 6M all you have to do is switch to Edit, enter in the program number, then press the delete key. hope this helps

So would if you dont know the program number?

Is there a way to see a list of the stored programs?

Once you pull up that program number, is there a way to delete the entire program without deleting every individual Gcode, etc manually?

You must be in EDIT mode, and the memory protect key switch must be "off" to delete any programs.

O + 4 digit number + DELETE will delete the specified program
    O-9999 DELETE will delete all the programs
    EOB key + DELETE will delete one block of the program
    C (Cancel) + ORIGIN will display a list of programs in memory & free space
    O + (Cursor down) key jumps to the next program in memory
    O + 4 digit number + (Cursor down) key jumps to the specified program #

Note that programs from 8000-8999 are protected by one parameter and programs between 9000 and 9999 are protected by another parameter. If those parameters are set to "1" then those programs can not be deleted