585,752 active members*
3,996 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MDI Question

Question MDI Question

I am skimming the top of a 5 x 14 square pc. of C715. Instead of jogging it and holding that button, I wrote a little program in MDI and tried to run it. I set my G54 and tool length offset but it didn't read Z on my G43 line and crashed. Luckily my G54 was working and the X and Y moved the pc. out of the way of the crashing tool. My question is did I miss something when I set my Z or can I run a program in MDI ?

Post your code... G43 should still work in MDI.

Another thought though.... did you have a tool length set in your offset or tool data? and you called the right H number? (just questions... sometimes we do an 'oops')
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

You should be able to do this in MDI. Make sure that the work offset (G54) is set properly in X, Y & Z. Also make sure that G54 is active.

I don't normally use MDI for multiple lines of code. It's much safer to create a small program in Edit mode. You could also copy and modify an existing program. Easier to debug.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers