585,764 active members*
4,005 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FANUC OT ALARM 520 OVERTRAVEL +Z

WE HAVE IN FANUC OT ALARM 520 OVERTRAVEL +Z WHEN TURN ON . IT REALISES THE USUAL PROCEDURE FOR THIS ALARM BUT I COULD NOT CLEAR IT. LATER IT MODIFIES THE PARAMETER OF SOBRELIMITS BUT CONTINUOUS THE ALARM. IT SEEM THAT THE PROBLEM IS A CARD, BUT I DON`T KNOW WICH. MOTHER BOARD? MEMORY BOARD?
    THANKS

First use MPG move all three axis to center, turn off control, press and hold down P, Q and CAN key turn on control, wait untill control completely on then you can let go the P, Q, CAN
    Zero return all axis, it should work

Ahn Vuong

And if that don't work, wind the leadscrew by hand while the machine is turned off.

Also check that the limit-switch is not jammed down

Turn off your machine and then you turn the Z_axis ball screw to go down the spindle till the limit switch is free.Then switch on the machine. If it is still don't work, you need to change the Z_axis parameter. After you turn the ball screw, go to the parameter page and then change the Z_axis limits value. Then restart the machine. It will work.

Quote Originally Posted by berthagua View Post
    WE HAVE IN FANUC OT ALARM 520 OVERTRAVEL +Z WHEN TURN ON . IT REALISES THE USUAL PROCEDURE FOR THIS ALARM BUT I COULD NOT CLEAR IT. LATER IT MODIFIES THE PARAMETER OF SOBRELIMITS BUT CONTINUOUS THE ALARM. IT SEEM THAT THE PROBLEM IS A CARD, BUT I DON`T KNOW WICH. MOTHER BOARD? MEMORY BOARD?
    THANKS
    you enter the parameter no.701 to 99999999 and make zrn and put original value
    [email protected]

You can change parameter 65 bit 3 = 1.
    Soft limit will then only be checked AFTER the machine is referenced.

I had this same thing hapen to me yesterday to a FANUC OT-C. I'd select mode to reference the axis's. X axis worked but Z would trip and alarm saying Alarm 520 Z+ Over travel. Once reading this thread, I powered down the machine, Powered back on holding on "P" and "CAN" then I tried to reference again and It worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info,
    Chich

Quote Originally Posted by chich2 View Post
    I had this same thing hapen to me yesterday to a FANUC OT-C. I'd select mode to reference the axis's. X axis worked but Z would trip and alarm saying Alarm 520 Z+ Over travel. Once reading this thread, I powered down the machine, Powered back on holding on "P" and "CAN" then I tried to reference again and It worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info,
    Chich
    I too had this problem and holding "P" and "Cancel" worked. Can someone tell me what the problem was and what this procedure did?

Thanks

Re: FANUC OT ALARM 520 OVERTRAVEL +Z

I have a problem with overtravel axis y I lost all parameters and now I enter all parameters and it seems that the machine is back but now when I turn the machine on and ask all axis home I get this alarm overtravel... some one to help me with that..

Hello VOLTRON,

Check parameters 700 (X) and 701 (Z).
    Change the values (up) let say 5000 to 25000, re-home the machine and put the old values back.

A few other important parameters:
    par. 13 bit no.1 for offset e.g. T0101 instead of T01.
    par. 40 bit no.0 for Program text in [LIB] menu.
    par. 550 for Auto line-numbers
    par. 717 and 718 for max. cut G71 and G72

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Hello VOLTRON,

Sorry to say but your asking an alarm for the Fanuc 0T.
    In your other post I see that you have a SV-4020 Sharp, that's a machine center, not a lathe, with 0M instead of 0T.
    I think you have to try something else, it worked well for my Fanuc 0T lathe.

Regards,
    Heavy_Metal.

Hello Heavy_ Metal, I am going to try your procedure yes I am working with a OMD FANUC CONTROL. Do you know whish parameter is for y axis? so parameter 700 is for X axis and 701 is for Z axis right??
    THANKS FOR HELP BUDDY

Thank you