585,741 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Can we use turning canned cycles in swiss screw m/c

Red face Can we use turning canned cycles in swiss screw m/c

Hi friends,

I need help from you people. I need to know can we use turning canned cycles on CNC automatic sliding head. My machine is TORNOS BECHLER ENC 162. Can anyone help me in that.

don't know about the Tornos control, but on our Fanuc equipped Tsugamis I use them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrace View Post
    don't know about the Tornos control, but on our Fanuc equipped Tsugamis I use them all the time.
    Drace

Doesnt the turned part gets loose inside the guide bush in your machine. Actully i dont know how tsugami is.

Not if you don't turn past the land length. Had to do it numerous times when the finish diameter was way smaller than the stock diameter. Actually blended well (I was surprised).

canned cycles

they also make extended land and extended nose guide bushings if you want to rough and finish
    your gonna use canned cycles to drill,tap and rigid tap
    i ran a shaft that used rough,thread,drill,rigid tap,and rough id canned cycles before on my Citizen L32

You can do this for longer parts if :

1) You buy an internally extended guide bushing to avoid pull through the back side.

2) Set your Z Axis Stroke Short to keep rigidity in stock TIR and helps to avoid Pulling through the back side of the Guide Bushing

3) Program your canned cycle in sets of strokes that do not exceed your Z axis Stroke Setting. Program your sections using any chamfers and radii for blending each Rough Turning Section.

4) Use a Groove Turn Insert to avoid chatter on entry. You may have to relieve the back side of the insert for less surface contact when cutting. It tends to machine like a wide wiper style insert which can cause chatter. Or program different feeds for the entry, turn and exits.

5) Finishing can be tricky because you have to finish each section preferably with a different tool at the end of each roughing operation.

It takes longer to make parts but it can be done. This was a Fanuc control though, not a Tornos.

For a Tornos if you have MDI, try a canned cycle without a bar. If this works, you have canned cycles.

Cheers!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com