584,860 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Where to get metric bearings for ballscrew?

Question Where to get metric bearings for ballscrew?

A while ago I bought through ebay a NSK ball screw. It didn't come with any bearings to mount it. So I went to bearingsdirect.com and ordered 2 thrust bearings and a mounted bearing. After not receiving the order for over 2 weeks I called them and asked what the hold up was. They said they were on back order and they did not know when they would be in. But they were kind enough to charge my credit card when I made the order. I asked them why they decided not to tell me that they hadn't shipped my order and to credit my card to cancel the order.

So here I am still without bearings to mount my ball screw. Does anyone know where I can get thrust bearings with an internal diameter of 15mm besides bearingsdirect.com? I tried the usual places like MSCdirect and reidtool, but it seems they have mostly standard sizes.

Bearing source

Why not use double row ball bearings to mount your lead screw. The 5200 or 5300 series would work for your application.

I recommend baileynet.com, because they have excellent service. I remember ordering a set of open cage bearings and they were out of them, they upgraded to the sealed bearings for no extra cost.

Thanks for the suggestion. baileynet's catalog indicated that the 5200 and 5300 double wall bearings are good for high thrust load, and they have them in the 15mm size I need. I will give them a try.

Bearing source

Your welcome

So I called baileynet.com to order the bearings. They were excellent to talk with. They didn't mind taking my super small volume order and were more than helpful over the phone. Keeping in mind that I just ordered from them today and haven't gotten my order yet, I give them an A+. I will post back when I get my bearings from them.