584,866 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Open source Eagle pcb files

Has anyone made eagle files of the open source stepper drivers. Just curious.

Are you referring to these?
    http://webpages.charter.net/pminmo/cncelectronics.htm

If so they were all developed in Eagle Free version.

Phil

Yeah those are the designs but what i was wundering can the eagle drawings be posted as well. I'm just getting my second pcb mill built. First one was less then usuable but it was a good start. This next one should be able to router pcb's. I am just learning to use eagle, its a great program. I have several issues in that the driver board i have is based on the cw tech ucn5804b board. What i would like to do is mill the pcb's for some of your better designs. Then upgrade the driver boards.
    Or do you think it is worth my time to try and work the schematics out and then get boards from eagle on my own? Or would that be more then something a beginner can do?
    I'm pretty much just starting to learn to use all this stuff. I have done the toner transfer method before, but i would like to have the mill do the work. In the end i would like to learn and use pic microcontrollers and this seems like a good place to start.
    What boards do you recommend? I noticed that the 3977 is an internally chopped board. As well as the l297/8 boards. Or would tachus42 design be better?
    Any info is greatly appreciated.

I originally had the eagle files on the website but ran out of room. A zip file containing the eagle schematic and board files for the 5804 is attached. Each board has it's merits. The 5804 is the simplest with half stepping and that is it's stong point, the discrete will drive the most current and is simple. If you want one of the other boards just post and I'll attach em. The only exception is the 3977 board, I'm a little more judicious with that one because of the level of difficulty. Before your start down the pic route, look at AVR's by Atmel. www.atmel.com Very popular, cheap, easy to get, some free tools including a free basic complier for less than 2K of code, easy to program. Do a google search on avr and you'll see there is a ton of info out there on them. The go as small as an 8 pin package to very BIG. On board 10bit adc's on many of them, all esquared and flash memory.

Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanx for the file. I have more then a dozen pic's from their free samples. That and i have a book for them. I am interested in avr's as well, i'll have to do some more looking around. But besides that i still wont to be able to mill my own pcb's. I just finished my new mill today. Now i have to connect the bigger motors and then start figuring out were i'm going to put my limit and home switches. Thanx again Phil.

Attached is the eagle files for Tachus42's 3 axis discrete board and 3 axis chopper.

Attached is the eagle files for the 4 axis interface board:

Eagle files and word document on the single axis discrete driver.

singe channel L297-l298 eagle files:

Thanx for the christmas presents Phil. Have a merry christmas and a great new year.

WOW, That´s called OPEN SOURCE !!!!! Wonderworld !!!!!
    Long life to PHILL and CNCZONE !

I've hit the open source driver goldmine!!!! Thanks for sharing. The world is a better place now.

have anyb, servo driver 3 axis board shematic/eagle file too ?
    and stepper board what can use high current motors 4,5-6A
    i have meny 4-6A stepper but not found good 3-4 axis driver board into web.
    now i use only low power 2A motors to board is 3d-step max 2,5A current(no good,need more current and biggest motor)torgue is better if use big motor.

Hi,
    Could you post the eagle files for the opto isolated breakout board? Didn't see them anywhere.
    Thanks
    Keith