584,833 active members*
5,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SpaceBall?

SpaceBall?

does anyone know if MasterCam X3 supports the use of a spaceball or other motion controller?

http://www.vrlogic.com/html/3dconnexion/space_ball.html

i'd love to get one. if i can convince my boss....

go to 3dconnexion.com. It should have some info there.

well hell. got myself there. i was looking at the applications list for a different controller. mastercam's right there on the list for the Spaceball.

Settings - Configure - Start/Exit.

Notice the "Enable 3D Connexion device", already checked.

Buy one, plug it in and your ready to go...

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

I recently bought a 3DConnexions Space Pilot from this guy...

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Insight-...34Q2ec0Q2em322

I love it. Highly recommended. Much cheaper than new.

I own 4 units can't work without them. you will find in design and programming this will speed it up and save time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spaceballs.JPG  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

That's a great setup you've got there! Dual monitors, spacepilot and all... Do you use both space ball units together or are they from two separate systems?

Sorry one is for the laptop station on the right and the other for the dual screens.
    Just was showing my old office but really just showing the two different one I had on the desks . I have one more being the Space Traveler.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    I own 4 units can't work without them. you will find in design and programming this will speed it up and save time.
    It's like having your cake and eating it too

Nice monitors cadcam, are they 22's.

I just got a 24 a few months back. NICE!!!!!!

No space ball yet though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5150.jpg   IMG_5152.jpg   IMG_5155.jpg   IMG_5147.jpg  

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Yep at home I have the dual 22" actually I have 6 of them total.
    But at the work office I use this Mac 30" monitor on my Mac system.
    I now have two macs running windows one using VMware on the desk top and My Macbook Pro I use bootcamp. then I have the other dell Precision m6300 and my M390 desktop plus others. Bottom line two many computers now.

Picture is my desk at the office just got my new space pilot here now.

PS mine did not come with the hand pointer like yours did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
    Cadcam

You can send me one of those PC's but don't forget to send a SIM with X3 and a full license transfer .

I love the big monitor. I bought this 24" on sale for $689.00 from Dell. Mainly because of the viewing space, but also for the 4 extra USB Ports, xD/SD/MS/MMC and CF ports on the side. Two DVI-2, HDMI port, Display Port, one VGA, S-Video, and Audio ports, all on the bottom Easy access

Plus it does the Precision M4400 justice. I have the smaller of the Precisions which has the 15.4" wide screen.

I use the cheapo Inspiron for online and for work. The Precision stays home. BTW: it's LowJacked too

I have to start getting rid of a few things too. Maybe sell a few to a friend. He really needs a better PC. He is using an eMachine with TurboCADV16 I think. Too Slow!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com