585,712 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Takeout Unused G Code commands in Mastercams Generated G Code

Takeout Unused G Code commands in Mastercams Generated G Code

I apologize If there is already a post on this I just found it hard to find with my limited knowledge on the subject.

-What I have-
    Mastercam X2
    Haas SR-100 Gantry

-Question-
    I have tried a few of the default Default Routers that might apply to my machine in "Machine Types" menu but after I plot my tool paths and post the G code I get some extra code that errors my machine. I get the command G8 and I don't believe that's defined in my machine. I could be wrong I am very new to this and it's my first machine. If I delete the trouble code out it works fine but I would like to find a solution that will have Mastercam post it correctly the first time. Any ideas?

-Possible Solutions?-

1. From what I read it seems like the post-processor is what posts this code but I wasn't able to figure out how to edit it to my machine.
    2. It would seem that all the CNC Router "Machine Type" files are ".RMD" files. Would I be able to download a .RMD file for a Haas Router for free?

Are you doing drill block drilling or saw cutting on the Router?

If not I use the default Haas Post from the mill side. I can later change the to a RMD for you.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Are you doing drill block drilling or saw cutting on the Router?

If not I use the default Haas Post from the mill side. I can later change the to a RMD for you.
    I'm so new to this i don't know what block drilling or saw cutting is. I did work at a machine shop for a very short time and I would be using the gantry machine much like a mill. I will try posting the code as if it wore a mill and see how it goes. thank you for you input .

What product of the Mastercam did you buy was it Router, What Machine Def did you use the Default router post or another Machine Def.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Similar issue

I have a Bridgeport VMC and I encounter a similar issue with the post code that MasterCam creates. Is there a place I can change the post code to be more specific to my machine type? Any info would help greatly. Thanks.

Similar Issue

I have MasterCam X2 and I was using the default machine type. I have yet to try the 3-axis VMC, but I wanted to ask someone to see if it will make much of a difference. Thanks.
    Alex

Use the Haas VMC post, I am not even sure what G8 was used for.

open mastercam X , then choose file , edit/open external
    looking for the post which you are using and edit whatever you want it to be

Edit post of the Mastercam x ..., just open mastercam, then File, edit/open external
    and looking in Drive:\mcamx\mill\post then open the post which you want to edit.
    Now you are free to edit what you want it to be for your machines