586,000 active members*
4,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Longtime Mastercam user going UG

Cool Longtime Mastercam user going UG

Due to economic circumstances, I was forced to change employers and train into UG NX4. Hey....I'm just glad to find a job!
    Wow, talk about feeling like an idiot (read signature). I'm looking forward to some good posts in here. I hope to learn the tricks and short cuts.....FAST!

My opening question. Is there a decent set-up sheet for UG. I'm looking for a two mouse click set-up sheet that will give me all relevent tool info.
    • maximum tool depth
    • type of operation
    • step-over / or step down
    • tool number and description
    • etc. etc.

So far I have not found any thing that can give me this much info. In MCX i had downloaded a freeware that I used in a chook. Is there any such thing available?
    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

I think you can use PB to create a post that can output the tool info you need.
    For post, it is easy to get tool info from the MOM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjearl View Post
    Due to economic circumstances, I was forced to change employers and train into UG NX4. Hey....I'm just glad to find a job!
    Wow, talk about feeling like an idiot (read signature). I'm looking forward to some good posts in here. I hope to learn the tricks and short cuts.....FAST!

My opening question. Is there a decent set-up sheet for UG. I'm looking for a two mouse click set-up sheet that will give me all relevent tool info.
    • maximum tool depth
    • type of operation
    • step-over / or step down
    • tool number and description
    • etc. etc.

So far I have not found any thing that can give me this much info. In MCX i had downloaded a freeware that I used in a chook. Is there any such thing available?

The answer is "Shop Documentation"

You can customise it to a great extent to meet your needs.

All requirements listed by you can be documented on just one click. Except max tool depth which rightnow i am unable to output thru shopdoc but i am able to output at the end of each nc file nevertheless it meets my pupose.

My last post (SETUP INST) was exactly related to Z-max and machining time in shop doc.

Try shop doc and post customisation using TCL. its worth exploring. Its upto you how fast you can learn TCL. Its not an easy pie for a newbie.
    Ananth Kulkarni
    THE GREATEST OAK WAS ONCE A NUT WHO HELD ITS GROUND

OK friend,

Here we go. This is my shopdoc generated in one click of mouse.

As i said in my prev reply i am still working on two fields (Machine time and Z-max). But all other are OK and serves my purpose.

This shopdoc fetches information from part atrributes, mom variables and operation names.

Hope its not too much for you to begin with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shopdoc.JPG  
    Ananth Kulkarni
    THE GREATEST OAK WAS ONCE A NUT WHO HELD ITS GROUND