585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Changing S/N setting 26 to cancel alarm 144

Changing S/N setting 26 to cancel alarm 144

I had an alarm 144 on my TM-1 yesterday. Machine paid in full on purchase and the local HFO gave me a serial no. to overwrite the one listed at setting 26. My control will not let me overwrite it. The service tech said to page down to setting 26 and type in new number and hit enter but my control will not change the existing number. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I can call the HFO in the morning but I thought I might cast a line tonight and see what might bite!! I guess I have little patiience...LOL. Thanks in advance,

R Ardoin

If I remember right you need to turn setting 7 parameter lock off first. When you enter the number in 26 the number doesn't change but clears the alarm.

Wow!! Thanks to you and the CNC community for such a quick response. I didn't think about having to turn parameter lock off. I guess I just hit E-STOP then toggle to parameter 7, change lock to off then proceed. Thanks labonte18. Hope I can return the favor one day.

R Ardoin

Quote Originally Posted by robard View Post
    ...I guess I just hit E-STOP then toggle to parameter 7, change lock to off then proceed....R Ardoin
    Actually you turn off Setting 7, not Parameter 7.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Got it. Thanks Geof!

I have done this on many machines. You are not changing the serial number, you are unlocking the code. If nothing happens then everything worked. If you turn the machine off and back on and do not get the alarm you are good.

Setting 7 allows you to change parameters not settings.