585,712 active members*
4,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile HAAS SL20 and HAAS VF2 ProE Posts?

I would like to purchase these two great machines from a company which is being liquidated. I would however just like to check their compatibility with ProE's manufacturing module. Please if anyone can provide me with these Post Processors I could evaluate these machines compatibility and determine whether to purchase these machines or not. HAAS and PTC will not provide me with the these posts until I provide I own these machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If ProE outputs standard Fanuc G code, the machines should run without a hitch. I am not a fan of evaluating a product through a purchase. These days, machines, tooling and software are too expensive for trial and error. If either one of them aren't willing to help, then I say you really don't need 'em! I say stick with the Haas machines and dump ProE! I have a SL-30 BB and a VF-5/50. i wouldn't trade for the world.

The shop i work in bought an SL-20 about 4 months ago, and we have still not been able to get a post processor from PTC. We've called PTC and Haas and neither have been able to help us. Haas told us to change one of the settings to fanuc on the controller and it should be fine. We output some code on pro-e using a fanuc post processor and it only output garbage. gave us all kinds of errors. We have been programming it by hand since it came in.

Jeremiah

Post a program from Pro-E so that I can look it over to see what is wrong. On the lathe, do a simple face off, OD cut and a thread. Some of the Haas G-codes are not the same as Fanuc. That could be part of your problem.

I'll see if i can find one of the programs we output when I'm at work. It was outputting some really strange stuff. It output multiple axis stuff, even when we only specify an x and z. It would put in V-axis movements, stuff like that. We also have Mastercam, and it has a post processor for our machine, just none of us have sat down to use it.

Also to cnc_student, I forgot to mention that pro-e will output code for Haas mills just fine.

Where I work, we use ProE with a VF-3 and TM-1. We use Post Haste as a post processor.

Hello i am a student and i would like to know if anyone has a G-post from Pro-engineer to Haas lathe 20sl.If anyone could provide me with the g-post i would be obligated!!!Thank you very much in advance!

Re: HAAS SL20 and HAAS VF2 ProE Posts?

I have for SOLIDCAM.
    [email protected]