584,871 active members*
5,292 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > DynaCNC > Thinking of buying a dynacnc plasma cutter.

Exclamation Thinking of buying a dynacnc plasma cutter.

Are they a good machine?

I have a DYNACNC 4x8 plasma table with stepper motors.Have had it for about 2 years and three months.I have had no issues with it.You will hear people say bad things about aluminum extrusion tables.I can honestly say I would not want to throw a 4x8 sheet of 1 inch plate on my table all day long.I actually built a water table for mine which is kinda like a table within a table.The water table as its own support legs and is completly made of steel and probably could support a mid sized car.The dynacnc table is really only a gantry now for me and doesn't support any weight of the material being cut.Is the DYNACNC table the best? I cannot answer that because I have never owned anything else.If I ever need another table I will probably build my own just to save money.My dynacnc table runs CandCNC electronics and TOM CAUDLE(aka TORCHHEAD) is very helpful and his customer support is top notch,but DYNACNC uses someone elses electronics now.

I have had my Dyna CNC 4x4 plasma machine for 3 years in a school setting. Love it. After I learned to use it properly, my students have been really enjoying it. They give it a lot of abuse and it keeps on cutting.

Finally, a happy Dyna customer! kdhayward, you are very fortunate indeed to have a working, complete product.

PLASMA FONT NEED HELP

Any one know how to change my font to one my tourch will cut properly?

Thanks

There is not enough info in your question to even start to answer.
    Give your hardware and softwares you are using, and what exactly is going wrong on the cut.
    Example

Dynacnc stepper 4x8 machine, using corel draw, sheetcam, mach3 3.x.x with a hypertherm 1000 torch. When trying to cut fonts fonts have gaps (or whatever).

Then someone will have enough info to answer questions.