585,722 active members*
4,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation EMC2 at NAMES April 18-19

For anyone running a machine on EMC2 -

As some of you already know I preach the virtues of EMC2

At the NAMES show in Toledo April 18-19 there will be a booth and a couple of EMC related exhibitors/vendors. As a backdrop for the EMC2 booth I'm donating some large photo plots of machines running on EMC2. I know Mach is the predominant choice for many, but anyone running EMC2 please feel free to send me a hi-res shot or two of your machine(s) along with the following information:
    • Your name & location (so you can be properly credited)
    • The type of machine (eg: Bridgeport conversion, Self Designed Router, etc)
    • System specs (steppers, servos, travels, etc. - whatever you want)
    • Commercial/Production or Hobby machine
    • Basically enough information that whoever is standing at the booth won't be inundated with questions - if you have a webpage that'd be a great addition to the caption.

A pic of a part or two (as long as you don't give up any of your/others intellectual properties) made on it might be beneficial.

Email them to me offlist at Greg {dot} Michalski ;at; distinctperspectives "dot" com (remove the obvious spam trawler preventions). If you have something large (ie a REALLY Hi-Res pic), email me there too to coordinate a file transfer. Let me know you're from the Zone and which forum (I'm cross posting so the guys who stick to one forum have a chance too)

- EDIT - my posts in other rooms of the forum were removed, which I can't blame them as I guess it's technically advertising. SO - if you are aware of any EMC2 controlled machines who's owners don't visit this forum or the EMC mailing list, point them to this post - thanks - END EDIT -

Thanks for reading and your help.

For anyone who doesn't know about NAMES - http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/ will give you an idea.

Greg
    Every day is a learning process, whether you remember yesterday or not is the hard part.
    www.distinctperspectives.com

FTP Added -

I have now setup FTP for transfering large images. I obviously don't want to post login info so contact me at the email in the previous post and I'll forward directions for logging in and uploading.

Some nice machines coming through so far. Still need more though!

Greg
    Every day is a learning process, whether you remember yesterday or not is the hard part.
    www.distinctperspectives.com