585,760 active members*
3,898 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Syil X4+ Or Sieg KX3

Hello everyone

I have been reading through the post on the site, lots of great information and views, but was wondering if any had experiance of the Syil X4+ and The Sieg KX3

I have read a lot of post on the Syil X4+ and it would seem to be a machine with serious issues, also their UK representation seems minimal (most of the help comming from the USA ! )

However I cant find a great deal of information (Gripe's, praise etc) on the KX3, i have looked at the write up on the machine at Mini-lathe.com and its a nice looking machine, i have also seen the videos of it at work.

has anyone compared these two machines first hand ??
    I know i can buy a KX3 from arc euro trade in the UK, and the X4+ from Syil U.K. so based on a reliability/build quality/aftersales/performance which would you consider the better machine ??:wave:

I have an SuperX3 and find the moveable quill very usefull, they have removed it from the X4. As with all tools it depends on what you intend to make, but if you want a general purpose small cnc mill go for the SX3, you will have to make a packing piece for the Y axis motor mount, for the money there is no compitition, for used machines the Denford Triac is good value,but you will have to change the electronics but a bargin if you get one with a tool changer, you pays yer money and takes yer choice.
    Cheers Mike