584,866 active members*
5,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > WOW X, Y, Z Servo amplifier fault!!!

WOW X, Y, Z Servo amplifier fault!!!

What would cause all 3 to fault out! I noticed the spindle stuttered as well. Is this a chassis issue? Has anyone here seen this happen before?

K1 relay was clicking away like mad 1994 4020
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Have you checked your...

incoming legs voltages? How about the leg voltages from the transformer to the control ?? Grounding issue?? Never heard of that type of problem
    Steve

All voltage fine...K1 and K2 relays are just BUZZING AWAY for minutes after this happens.

I tried running a program with no spindle turning no fault
    I tried jogging axis with no fault
    I tried letting just Y axis move no fault running program
    I tried just Z no fault running program
    I tried XYZ fault runnig program
    I tried YZ fault running program
    After fault I try to reset fault now I get random y axis fault and Z axis fault and after trying to turn the spindle on I get C axis spindle drive fault
    The relays have been buzzing for 5mns now
    When trying the spindle I get the relay in the back buzzing
    Incoming voltage correct
    Incoming voltage to drive correct
    Drive recently rebuilt by Practec after it failed due to fan fault
    Replaced relays no help still buzzing not buzz all the time.

WTH?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I am suspecting the inverter spindle drive unit! When its powered up initially it keeps flickering between 0,1,2,4 so I think it may have to be sent back it. I am going to pull one from another machine and swap inverter drives to see if that helps..... Maybe thats not a good idea I am not sure.

I'm not sure about doing that ...

without answering why your getting the other faults. Did I understand you... that if you now run the program without the spindle you still get a fault on the axis?
    Steve

BTW...

I think your right about the inverter or something directly related to it.
    Steve

Yes still get the fault. The relay is buzzing intermittantly and will buzz away for a couple minutes then stop and let the axis drivers be resety but if its buzzing it wont let them reset. Now I could jump 14-16 and bypass the fault line but at this point would that even help? I am getting this fault without any spindle rotation. It just started to happen and is the strangest thing I have ever seen. Now it is possible that the inverter could be at fault when the machine is running or trying to orient the spindle but even when it isnt I still get the fault. Very frusterating.

Exchanged K21 relay everything seems good!

Son...

...of..a..gun!:cheers:
    Steve