584,805 active members*
5,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

CNC machining

Hello,
    I need a machine for CNC machining purpose.
    I need to cut circles (4.5" to 6") and patterns in batches.Also want to cut multiple rectangles.
    This machine would be setup in my garage.
    I don't know what machines are most suitable for this application, what the speed of cutting and size of machine I need. I have gone through whiteracker.com site but they have different types of CNC machining. Please suggest which one is suitable??

Hi juliamart,
    To get answers, you need to provide more information. What size and type of material ? How fast do you need to cut it? How much money are you willing to invest? Do you have 3 phase power available? Do you presently have any accessories applicable to a CNC machine, I E Cat40 holders . . . ? Or will you have to buy those too? How much space can you allocate to this endeavor ? You provide this I am sure the opinions will be forthcoming. One thing we got is opinions

Hi Joe s.
    Actualy i wanna cut some stainless steel material.I want quite good speed CNC machining ....suitable to my purpose.I am ready to pay heavy price only my concern is quality.

You might want to look into a Water Jet or Laser Cutter. These are very big expensive machines though. What kind of space do you have in your garage?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Actualy i wanna cut some stainless steel material.I want quite good speed CNC machining ....suitable to my purpose.I am ready to pay heavy price only my concern is quality.
    Okuma. Ask nearest Okuma dealer to visit You and they will evaluate conditions and will offer all You need for work.

You may want to look at Haas or Hurco machining centers. Both companies make some very compact machines. And for the simple geometry you are machining, they both have conversational type controls, so there would be no need to purchase a CAM software package. The Hurco control is alot easier to manipulate than the Haas.

Hammer