Hi,

I am in need of adding CNC controls to a small custom lathe I am making. I pretty much need a "plug and play" system due to tight time constraints. My budget limit is about $4000. I have been researching many companies but the choices are many. Several companies seem to offer really nice components but require a bit more "some assembly required" then I am looking for at this time. Others seem like really nice systems but are too expensive. My essential needs are for a 2-axis system that is capable of very fine finishes with circular and linear interpolations. super fast speeds are not important. I believe 400-800 oz-in steppers will be adequate. Other nice to have features would be prgrammable speed control (I am using a VFD) and I/O to control some air solenoid valves. I am looking at Micro-Kinetics pre-engineered microstepping systems as a possibility. What other complete systems are available in my price range? (I can supply the computer and install boards) I have a CAD program but no CAM at this time. Any help, experience or guidence would be greatly appreciated. You may also email me directly.

Thanks,
Dave